Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Question about CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF tag . . .

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
      Thaks Tir!

      On Jun 8, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

      > > Am I correct in assuming that the tgas contained in the square
      > > brackets apply the appropriate feats with the dieties favored weapon
      > > as the sub-choice, al la Weapon Proficiency (DIETYWEAPON) and Weapon
      > > Focus (DIETYWEAPON)?
      >
      > Not quite, this is one of those 'magical' tags. the [ ] applies, a)
      > WEAPONPROF (a la AUTO:WEAPONPROF|blah) b) Feat, with choice (a la
      > FEAT:Weapon Focus(blah) )
      Got it . . .

      > And, yes, I expect it to be on Tom's hit-list to remove before CDOM.

      Do we know what the CHOOSE tag functionality in the War domain entry
      will be replaced by? Perhaps the AUTO:WEAPONPREF and the FEAT tags?

      Maredudd
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
        Oh yeay, I forgot something else . . .

        On Jun 8, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:
        > Not quite, this is one of those 'magical' tags. the [ ] applies, a)
        > WEAPONPROF (a la AUTO:WEAPONPROF|blah) b) Feat, with choice (a la
        > FEAT:Weapon Focus(blah) )

        This isn't documented and though its going to be cleaned up for CDOM,
        should we still add it to the 5.12/5.14 docs?

        Or is it just something that we just want to go away . . . (as in
        bad lst coding? If there is such a thing? I mean, if it works . . . :-)

        Maredudd
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
          > On 6/8/07, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
          > > Greetings folks!
          > >
          > > I need some help understanding the docs for the
          > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF tag.
          > >
          > > The domain of War includes the following tag:
          > >
          > > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|1|DEITYWEAPON[WEAPONPROF][FEAT=Weapon Focus]
          > >
          > > From the docs I know that this will call up the favored
          > weapon listed
          > > in the dieties lst file, and though the tags listed in the square
          > > brackets are defined in the docs, the presence of the
          > square brackets
          > > is not . . .
          > >
          > > Am I correct in assuming that the tgas contained in the square
          > > brackets apply the appropriate feats with the dieties
          > favored weapon
          > > as the sub-choice, al la Weapon Proficiency (DIETYWEAPON)
          > and Weapon
          > > Focus (DIETYWEAPON)?
          >
          > Not quite, this is one of those 'magical' tags. the [ ]
          > applies, a) WEAPONPROF (a la AUTO:WEAPONPROF|blah) b) Feat,
          > with choice (a la FEAT:Weapon Focus(blah) )
          >
          > And, yes, I expect it to be on Tom's hit-list to remove before CDOM.
          >
          > --
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

          Wouldn't this be broken out into a ability attached to the War domain in
          the future?

          AUTO:WEAPONPROF|DIETYWEAPON ADD:FEAT|1,Weapon Focus(DIETYWEAPON)

          Paul G.
        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
            <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
            > Wouldn't this be broken out into a ability attached to the War domain in
            > the future?
            >
            > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|DIETYWEAPON ADD:FEAT|1,Weapon Focus(DIETYWEAPON)
            >
            > Paul G.

            I'm not sure if that exact syntax works, but something like that is a
            possibility. However, I'm not sure if that's best. Once I finish the
            rest of the CHOOSE issues (and a reasonably long character write-up I
            owe my GM by June 17), I will write up the possibilities to solve the
            [] issues in this CHOOSE and elsewhere so everyone can discuss the
            tradeoffs.

            TP.