Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Question about CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF tag . . .

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
      On 6/8/07, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
      > Greetings folks!
      >
      > I need some help understanding the docs for the CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF tag.
      >
      > The domain of War includes the following tag:
      >
      > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|1|DEITYWEAPON[WEAPONPROF][FEAT=Weapon Focus]
      >
      > From the docs I know that this will call up the favored weapon
      > listed in the dieties lst file, and though the tags listed in the
      > square brackets are defined in the docs, the presence of the square
      > brackets is not . . .
      >
      > Am I correct in assuming that the tgas contained in the square
      > brackets apply the appropriate feats with the dieties favored weapon
      > as the sub-choice, al la Weapon Proficiency (DIETYWEAPON) and Weapon
      > Focus (DIETYWEAPON)?

      Not quite, this is one of those 'magical' tags. the [ ] applies, a)
      WEAPONPROF (a la AUTO:WEAPONPROF|blah) b) Feat, with choice (a la
      FEAT:Weapon Focus(blah) )

      And, yes, I expect it to be on Tom's hit-list to remove before CDOM.

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
        Thaks Tir!

        On Jun 8, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

        > > Am I correct in assuming that the tgas contained in the square
        > > brackets apply the appropriate feats with the dieties favored weapon
        > > as the sub-choice, al la Weapon Proficiency (DIETYWEAPON) and Weapon
        > > Focus (DIETYWEAPON)?
        >
        > Not quite, this is one of those 'magical' tags. the [ ] applies, a)
        > WEAPONPROF (a la AUTO:WEAPONPROF|blah) b) Feat, with choice (a la
        > FEAT:Weapon Focus(blah) )
        Got it . . .

        > And, yes, I expect it to be on Tom's hit-list to remove before CDOM.

        Do we know what the CHOOSE tag functionality in the War domain entry
        will be replaced by? Perhaps the AUTO:WEAPONPREF and the FEAT tags?

        Maredudd
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
          Oh yeay, I forgot something else . . .

          On Jun 8, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > Not quite, this is one of those 'magical' tags. the [ ] applies, a)
          > WEAPONPROF (a la AUTO:WEAPONPROF|blah) b) Feat, with choice (a la
          > FEAT:Weapon Focus(blah) )

          This isn't documented and though its going to be cleaned up for CDOM,
          should we still add it to the 5.12/5.14 docs?

          Or is it just something that we just want to go away . . . (as in
          bad lst coding? If there is such a thing? I mean, if it works . . . :-)

          Maredudd
        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
            > On 6/8/07, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
            > > Greetings folks!
            > >
            > > I need some help understanding the docs for the
            > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF tag.
            > >
            > > The domain of War includes the following tag:
            > >
            > > CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF|1|DEITYWEAPON[WEAPONPROF][FEAT=Weapon Focus]
            > >
            > > From the docs I know that this will call up the favored
            > weapon listed
            > > in the dieties lst file, and though the tags listed in the square
            > > brackets are defined in the docs, the presence of the
            > square brackets
            > > is not . . .
            > >
            > > Am I correct in assuming that the tgas contained in the square
            > > brackets apply the appropriate feats with the dieties
            > favored weapon
            > > as the sub-choice, al la Weapon Proficiency (DIETYWEAPON)
            > and Weapon
            > > Focus (DIETYWEAPON)?
            >
            > Not quite, this is one of those 'magical' tags. the [ ]
            > applies, a) WEAPONPROF (a la AUTO:WEAPONPROF|blah) b) Feat,
            > with choice (a la FEAT:Weapon Focus(blah) )
            >
            > And, yes, I expect it to be on Tom's hit-list to remove before CDOM.
            >
            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

            Wouldn't this be broken out into a ability attached to the War domain in
            the future?

            AUTO:WEAPONPROF|DIETYWEAPON ADD:FEAT|1,Weapon Focus(DIETYWEAPON)

            Paul G.
          • Tom Parker
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 8, 2007
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
              <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
              > Wouldn't this be broken out into a ability attached to the War domain in
              > the future?
              >
              > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|DIETYWEAPON ADD:FEAT|1,Weapon Focus(DIETYWEAPON)
              >
              > Paul G.

              I'm not sure if that exact syntax works, but something like that is a
              possibility. However, I'm not sure if that's best. Once I finish the
              rest of the CHOOSE issues (and a reasonably long character write-up I
              owe my GM by June 17), I will write up the possibilities to solve the
              [] issues in this CHOOSE and elsewhere so everyone can discuss the
              tradeoffs.

              TP.