Re: [Tir][Barak]Very unusual request

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1, 2007
      Did the doc bug get trackered?

      > On 5/31/07, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
      > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@> wrote:
      > > > ...but BONUS:SKILLPOOL specifically states in the docs it is only
      > > > valid in class lines - that does NOT mean Class Level lines.
      > >
      > > Before someone calls me on it, I might as well point out that this is
      > > a doc error and needs to be corrected.
      >
      > Too late. Already called you out on it. Ok, so Doc Bug.
      >
      > > You still need to use SKILLPOINTS to get the effect you want.
      >
      > In this case, partially, yeah.
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1, 2007
        If a data monkey could confirm that the tag is broken, please throw a
        TM on the subject line and one of us will tracker it - K

        > YAY, got it to work finally, but not without some pain.
        >
        > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER is broken, big time. It works for the
        > first class level, then afterwards, it continues to add those points
        > *for every class level in any class you ever add again*.
        >
        > For Example :
        >
        > Str 12 (+1) Starting STR skill points = 3
        > Dex 14 (+2) Starting DEX skill points = 6
        > Con 16 (+3) Starting CON skill poitns = 9
        >
        > Now, I add in my '0 Level Str' Class.
        > I get 3 Skill points for it.
        >
        > Now, I add in my '0 Level Dex' Class.
        > I get 9 skill points for it (6 from the Dex, and 3 from the Str)
        >
        > Now, I add in my '0 Level Con' Class.
        > I get a whopping 18 skill points for it (Str + Dex + con = 18)
        >
        > So I've gotten 3 + 9 + 18 = 30 skill points total. When I should have
        > gotten 9 + 6 + 3 = 18.
        >
        > Seems like that little tag is hosed up big time, at least as far as
        > CLASS files go.
        >
        > I put the formula into the STARTSKILLPTS field and then it went to
        > working. Here's what the final class ended up looking like. I only
        > pasted in the STR class, the rest are identicle, just diff stats.
        >
        > # Class Name Hit Dice Type Abbreviation Ex Class Source Page
        > Save checks bonus Combat bonus
        > CLASS:0 Level Str HD:1 SOURCEPAGE:ClassesI.rtf ABB:
        > # Class Name Skill Pts/Lvl Class Skill
        > CLASS:0 Level Str STARTSKILLPTS:if(STR>=1,(STR*3), if(STR < 0, 1,
        > 2)) CSKILL:Climb|Jump|Swim MAXLEVEL:1 MODTOSKILLS:NO
        > 1 BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|(-1-CON)
        >

        > I managed to clean up the character sheet a little bit. I put the
        > ABB: tag in with no setting, so now I just have '1 1 1 1 1 1 Rgr1',
        > which is better than '0 L1 0 L1 0 L1 0 L1 0 L1 0 L1 Rgr1' :)
        >
        > Changing the max-ranks worked, but I had to put in a formula.
        > Basically, I ended up making max-ranks = MAX(3, LEVEL+3-6), and CC Max
        > Ranks = MAX(3, LEVEL+3-6)/2
        >
        > Thanks for all the help everyone. This seems to have finished it up,
        > I'll post back if I have any more problems.
        >
        > MDT

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 1, 2007
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
          > <maredudd@> wrote:
          > > I see no BONUS:SKILLPOOL tag listed, just a BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER
          > and a
          > > BONUS:SKILLPOOL|CLASS tag.
          >
          > That was me trying to save a few characters... it's not only Data
          > Monkeys that are lazy :P
          >
          > > The BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER tag is listed as 'Valid in only Class
          Lines'

          > Should say class and class level lines based on how the code is written.
          >
          > > I have reviewed the data files and have found one instance n a
          > template file while the rest
          > > of the instances are in the Class Level Line . . . except for a few
          > instances that have been
          > > commented out in companion_mod amf feat files.
          >
          > The Template entry should be flagged for Data [as a Bug]. The only
          > code that uses SKILLPOOL NUMBER specifically fetches the bonus out
          > of Classes. The Template will not work as coded.

          What exactly needs to be trackered here?

        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 1, 2007
            Kar wrote:
            > > > The BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER tag is listed as 'Valid in only Class
            > Lines'
            > >
            > > Should say class and class level lines based on how the code is
            > written.
            > >
            > > > I have reviewed the data files and have found one instance n a
            > > template file while the rest
            > > > of the instances are in the Class Level Line . . . except for a
            > few
            > > instances that have been
            > > > commented out in companion_mod amf feat files.
            > >
            > > The Template entry should be flagged for Data [as a Bug]. The only
            > > code that uses SKILLPOOL NUMBER specifically fetches the bonus out
            > > of Classes. The Template will not work as coded.
            >
            > What exactly needs to be trackered here?

            There is a tracker for the doc bug to fix the mis-information, but if
            this tag is only valid in the class file, then it needs to be moved
            from the global tag list to the class file tag list. If that is what
            needs to be done, I can add that to the scope of the existing doc
            tracker.

            Maredudd
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 1, 2007
              > > The Template entry should be flagged for Data [as a Bug]. The only
              > > code that uses SKILLPOOL NUMBER specifically fetches the bonus out
              > > of Classes. The Template will not work as coded.
              >
              > What exactly needs to be trackered here?

              There is a Data bug, using BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER in a template.lst
              file (follow the thread backwards to figure out which file.

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 1, 2007
                On 5/31/07, mattdt0 <mattdt0@...> wrote:
                > YAY, got it to work finally, but not without some pain.
                >
                > BONUS:SKILLPOINTS|NUMBER is broken, big time. It works for the
                > first class level, then afterwards, it continues to add those points
                > *for every class level in any class you ever add again*.

                And it should be only for that particular class's skill points, IIRC.

              • Eric C. Smith
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 7, 2007
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                  > What exactly needs to be trackered here?

                  Tracker #1732799, [RSRD] BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER tag does not work in template,
                  created.
                • mattdt0
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 7, 2007
                    Uhm,
                    I wasn't trying it in Template, I was trying it in Class.

                    Docs say it should work at the level line in class, but it adds to
                    every level in every class taken after it's added to the character.