RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] CHOOSE based on PRExxx???

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2007

      > CHOOSE:FEAT= is really (semantically) CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF(from feat
      > choice)= right?

      It's more generic than that I think... meaning it's not limited to weapon
      feats (not sure if that's what you meant or if that's just the example you
      pulled).

      IIRC, it basically gathers up the choice/target from the selected feat and
      presents it in a chooser.

      Barak

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      PM
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2007
        > It's more generic than that I think... meaning it's not limited to weapon
        > feats (not sure if that's what you meant or if that's just the example you
        > pulled).
        >
        > IIRC, it basically gathers up the choice/target from the selected feat and
        > presents it in a chooser.

        Still doesn't help with this one. Close, but no bananas.

      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 11 , May 4, 2007
          <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

          > > It's more generic than that I think... meaning it's not limited to
          weapon
          > > feats (not sure if that's what you meant or if that's just the
          example you
          > > pulled).
          > >
          > > IIRC, it basically gathers up the choice/target from the selected
          feat and
          > > presents it in a chooser.
          >
          > Still doesn't help with this one. Close, but no bananas.

          I don't believe there is anything in the code today that can extract
          information from the Prereqs to form a list... so today, I think
          you're stuck with an inelegant hack.

          In fact, this isn't even something I'd considered for 6.0, so can
          someone please FREQ this? I will try to think whether I can do this
          easily with the current architecture proposal, or what we would need
          to do to update it to get to that point.

          Thanks.
          Message 4 of 11 , May 4, 2007
            Flagging for TM. I don't know where this goes.

            Message 5 of 11 , May 4, 2007
              [ 1712801 ] Re: CHOOSE based on PRExxx???

              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1712801&group_id=25576&atid=384722
              Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > Flagging for TM. I don't know where this goes.
              >
              > On 5/4/07, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
              >
              >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"

              >> weapon

              >> example you

              >> feat and

              >>> Still doesn't help with this one. Close, but no bananas.
              >>>

              >> I don't believe there is anything in the code today that can extract
              >> information from the Prereqs to form a list... so today, I think
              >> you're stuck with an inelegant hack.
              >>
              >> In fact, this isn't even something I'd considered for 6.0, so can
              >> someone please FREQ this? I will try to think whether I can do this
              >> easily with the current architecture proposal, or what we would need
              >> to do to update it to get to that point.
              >>
              >> Thanks.
              >>

              >> Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jeremy Turnley
              Message 6 of 11 , May 4, 2007
                Thanks, there are a few classes in CC books that this would be useful
                for, this has been a long time coming.
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 11 , May 4, 2007
                  Here's another one for you to chew on Tom:

                  This is in at least two CC books that I know of... (quoted verbatim here):

                  "+1 level of existing class features -- you gain class
                  features (including spellcasting ability) and an increase in
                  effective level as if you had also gained a level in a class to
                  which you belonged before adding the prestige class level.
                  You do not, however, gain the benefit of your previous
                  class’s Hit Dice, attack progression, skill points, or saving
                  throws".

                  I think this has come up before but I don't think it got trackered.
                  Basically we need a tag (or maybe expand ADD with ADD:CLASSLEVEL) that would
                  apply any benefits gained on class level lines (and increment that classes
                  CL), but not those things usually in the header area (no BAB, Saves, Skill
                  Points, etc).

                  Barak

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 4, 2007
                    [ 1713215 ] +1 level of existing class features

                    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1713215&group_id=25576&atid=384722