Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding Class Skills and Knownspells via feats

    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2007
      On 5/2/07, celondon <fgrubb@...> wrote:
      > I'm making a feat which grants a skill as a class skill, as well as
      > granting a new Spell Known. However, I want to limit the type of spell
      > to a particular subschool.
      >
      > Here is how I have the feat setup.
      > ====
      > Divination Specialization TYPE:SubschoolSpecializationFeat
      > VISIBLE:No
      >
      > DESC:Gain use of one Divination spell;
      > Concentration becomes a Class Skill.
      >
      > CSKILL:Concentration
      > BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|TYPE=Divination;LEVEL=1|1

      This would grant an extra level 1 spell to any 'Divination' Spell Type
      casting classes.

      Since valid spell types are Arcane, Divine, Psionic, it should produce
      an error somewhere.

      You have to associate the slot with a Class at some point, and your
      syntax doesn't do that.

      At this point in PCGen, the best you can do is a straight spell slot,
      and user policing.

      As for the Concentration thing: Syntax looks right, and it should be
      granting the Cskill. It might be erroring on the BONUS, and therefor
      not completing the parse, so nothing gets processed.

      Always try one thing at a time when attempting to debug. Believe it
      or not, it is faster unless there is an obvious syntax error like a
      glaring mis-spelling. :)

    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2007
        <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

        > On 5/2/07, celondon <fgrubb@...> wrote:
        > > I'm making a feat which grants a skill as a class skill, as well as
        > > granting a new Spell Known. However, I want to limit the type of
        spell
        > > to a particular subschool.
        > >
        > > Here is how I have the feat setup.
        > > ====
        > > Divination Specialization TYPE:SubschoolSpecializationFeat
        > > VISIBLE:No
        > >
        > > DESC:Gain use of one Divination spell;
        > > Concentration becomes a Class Skill.
        > >
        > > CSKILL:Concentration
        > > BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|TYPE=Divination;LEVEL=1|1
        >
        > This would grant an extra level 1 spell to any 'Divination' Spell Type
        > casting classes.
        >
        > Since valid spell types are Arcane, Divine, Psionic, it should produce
        > an error somewhere.
        >
        > You have to associate the slot with a Class at some point, and your
        > syntax doesn't do that.
        >
        > At this point in PCGen, the best you can do is a straight spell slot,
        > and user policing.

        Again, please ensure this (and other items we can't do) are FREQed.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2007
          [ 1712807 ] Grant a Spell Known via Feat from a Particular school

          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1712807&group_id=25576&atid=750092