Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] CHOOSE based on PRExxx???

    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2007
      > I'm afraid the only thing that comes to my mind right now is adding a
      > type to each feat that has the prerequisite, and then choose or add
      > based on that type. But that means you'll have to remember to put that
      > type into future files as well.

      And if any PRExxx change to the feat will need to change the TYPE.
      Recognize that it is a very inelegant hack (but it will work).

      CHOOSE:FEAT= is really (semantically) CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF(from feat
      choice)= right?

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2007

        It's more generic than that I think... meaning it's not limited to weapon
        feats (not sure if that's what you meant or if that's just the example you
        pulled).

        IIRC, it basically gathers up the choice/target from the selected feat and
        presents it in a chooser.

        Barak

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        PM
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2007
          > It's more generic than that I think... meaning it's not limited to weapon
          > feats (not sure if that's what you meant or if that's just the example you
          > pulled).
          >
          > IIRC, it basically gathers up the choice/target from the selected feat and
          > presents it in a chooser.

          Still doesn't help with this one. Close, but no bananas.

        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 11 , May 4, 2007
            <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

            > > It's more generic than that I think... meaning it's not limited to
            weapon
            > > feats (not sure if that's what you meant or if that's just the
            example you
            > > pulled).
            > >
            > > IIRC, it basically gathers up the choice/target from the selected
            feat and
            > > presents it in a chooser.
            >
            > Still doesn't help with this one. Close, but no bananas.

            I don't believe there is anything in the code today that can extract
            information from the Prereqs to form a list... so today, I think
            you're stuck with an inelegant hack.

            In fact, this isn't even something I'd considered for 6.0, so can
            someone please FREQ this? I will try to think whether I can do this
            easily with the current architecture proposal, or what we would need
            to do to update it to get to that point.

            Thanks.
            Message 5 of 11 , May 4, 2007
              Flagging for TM. I don't know where this goes.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 4, 2007
                [ 1712801 ] Re: CHOOSE based on PRExxx???

                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1712801&group_id=25576&atid=384722
                Tir Gwaith wrote:
                > Flagging for TM. I don't know where this goes.
                >
                > On 5/4/07, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
                >
                >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith"

                >> weapon

                >> example you

                >> feat and

                >>> Still doesn't help with this one. Close, but no bananas.
                >>>

                >> I don't believe there is anything in the code today that can extract
                >> information from the Prereqs to form a list... so today, I think
                >> you're stuck with an inelegant hack.
                >>
                >> In fact, this isn't even something I'd considered for 6.0, so can
                >> someone please FREQ this? I will try to think whether I can do this
                >> easily with the current architecture proposal, or what we would need
                >> to do to update it to get to that point.
                >>
                >> Thanks.
                >>

                >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Jeremy Turnley
                Message 7 of 11 , May 4, 2007
                  Thanks, there are a few classes in CC books that this would be useful
                  for, this has been a long time coming.
                • Barak
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 4, 2007
                    Here's another one for you to chew on Tom:

                    This is in at least two CC books that I know of... (quoted verbatim here):

                    "+1 level of existing class features -- you gain class
                    features (including spellcasting ability) and an increase in
                    effective level as if you had also gained a level in a class to
                    which you belonged before adding the prestige class level.
                    You do not, however, gain the benefit of your previous
                    class’s Hit Dice, attack progression, skill points, or saving
                    throws".

                    I think this has come up before but I don't think it got trackered.
                    Basically we need a tag (or maybe expand ADD with ADD:CLASSLEVEL) that would
                    apply any benefits gained on class level lines (and increment that classes
                    CL), but not those things usually in the header area (no BAB, Saves, Skill
                    Points, etc).

                    Barak

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 4, 2007
                      [ 1713215 ] +1 level of existing class features

                      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1713215&group_id=25576&atid=384722