Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [Tir]Special characters

    Message 1 of 8 , May 3 11:37 AM
      I'm not going to register over there (cause for one post it is silly,
      and I also don't want ppl to start assuming I lurk over there, since I
      don't), so feel free to pass this along.

      Note: I don't own the CC source, so I'm going of the descriptions in
      the thread for the progression only.

      TYPE: the different 'warrior' classes that can stack. eg. TYPE:Warrior

      BONUS:VAR|MyClass1StanceLVL|(var("CL=TYPE.Warrior")-CL)/2+CL

      That means a different 'MyClass<x>StanceLVL' var (or whatever) for
      each class (MyClass1StanceLVL, etc). This is because apparently they
      are all different 'pools' or whatever.

      Now, any PrC needs to be able to add +1 to any Defined VAR, so a
      simple CHOOSE _can_ work (but won't be elegant)

      CHOOSE:MyClass1LVL|MyClass2LVL|MyClass3LVL
      BONUS:VAR|LIST|1

      The reason it won't be elegant, is that a) ALL VARs needed will have
      to be defined in the CHOOSE, and they will all show in the chooser
      window (not just what the character qualifies for).

      Not also that I did NOT use MyClass1StanceLVL, etc. Reason: according
      to the thread, the PrCs advance more than just the stance level
      (Initiator, Maneuver Known, Maneuver Ready, etc.). Having each
      'MyClass1LVL' var in turn adjust all the other VARs needed to be
      advanced. For example, and these are from the hip.

      BONUS:VAR|MyClass1StanceLVL|MyClassLVL
      BONUS:VAR|MyClassManeuverKnownLVL|MyClassLVL
      BONUS:VAR|MyClassManeuverReadyLVL|MyClassLVL
      BONUS:VAR|MyClassStancesKnownLVL|MyClassLVL

      You get the idea. (Yes, those could all be one BONUS:VAR| statement,
      but this is a clearer way of explaining it).

      Remember, for all this to work, the different VARs all need to be
      defined in an object the character has for the BONUS statements to
      work, or it won't do anything.

      Cheerios.

      BTW: I also recommend this as an Ability object, not as spells.
      Again, I don't own the source, but this seems more like a set of
      special abilities with a separate pool to go from than spellcasting as
      some seem to suggest.

      On 5/2/07, Paul <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
      > Hey Tir, or anyone else with advanced LST skills. There's some people
      > over on CMP's boards trying to figure out some tricky stuff. Could one
      > of you give them a hand?
      >
      > <http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/modules.php?
      > op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=78&postdays=0&postorder=asc&st
      > art=25>

    • celondon
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3 3:45 PM
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <Tir.Gwaith@...>
        wrote:

        > BTW: I also recommend this as an Ability object, not as spells.
        > Again, I don't own the source, but this seems more like a set of
        > special abilities with a separate pool to go from than spellcasting as
        > some seem to suggest.

        An "Ability object?" Not a term I'm familiar with -- is there an
        existing example you can point me towards to deconstruct?
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3 7:28 PM
          > An "Ability object?" Not a term I'm familiar with -- is there an
          > existing example you can point me towards to deconstruct?

          For 5.12 (it is in the 5.11.x series) - basically, an expansion on
          Feats, that when defined in GameMode, sets up a separate chooser
          sub-tab on the Feat tab. Different tracking pool, etc.

          The 5.11.x RSRD data has Salient Divine Abilities set up using the
          Ability object if you want examples.

        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4 6:27 AM
            <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
            > The reason it won't be elegant, is that a) ALL VARs needed will have
            > to be defined in the CHOOSE, and they will all show in the chooser
            > window (not just what the character qualifies for).

            FREQ please - need a CHOOSE that will only supply access to variables
            that are defined in the PC

            TP.
            Message 5 of 8 , May 4 7:45 AM
              [ 1712795 ] CHOOSE supplies access to variables defined in PC

              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1712795&group_id=25576&atid=384722