Adding Class Skills and Knownspells via feats

  • celondon
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 12:15 PM
      I'm making a feat which grants a skill as a class skill, as well as
      granting a new Spell Known. However, I want to limit the type of spell
      to a particular subschool.

      Here is how I have the feat setup.
      ====
      Divination Specialization TYPE:SubschoolSpecializationFeat
      VISIBLE:No

      DESC:Gain use of one Divination spell;
      Concentration becomes a Class Skill.

      CSKILL:Concentration
      BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|TYPE=Divination;LEVEL=1|1
      ====
      Unfortunately, selecting the feat doesn't seem to actually change the
      cost of the Concentration skill, and I seemed to be able to select all
      level 1 spells as spells known. That last bit isprobably a bug in
      another .lst file but hopefully one of you folks can tell me if the
      above syntax will work.
    • ed ballot
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3 2:29 PM
        That syntax looks ok. You might want to check the output screen that is
        launched when you start PCGen to see if it lists any errors while loading
        your LST file or when you add that feat to a test character.

        Ed

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3 6:10 PM
          On 5/2/07, celondon <fgrubb@...> wrote:
          > I'm making a feat which grants a skill as a class skill, as well as
          > granting a new Spell Known. However, I want to limit the type of spell
          > to a particular subschool.
          >
          > Here is how I have the feat setup.
          > ====
          > Divination Specialization TYPE:SubschoolSpecializationFeat
          > VISIBLE:No
          >
          > DESC:Gain use of one Divination spell;
          > Concentration becomes a Class Skill.
          >
          > CSKILL:Concentration
          > BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|TYPE=Divination;LEVEL=1|1

          This would grant an extra level 1 spell to any 'Divination' Spell Type
          casting classes.

          Since valid spell types are Arcane, Divine, Psionic, it should produce
          an error somewhere.

          You have to associate the slot with a Class at some point, and your
          syntax doesn't do that.

          At this point in PCGen, the best you can do is a straight spell slot,
          and user policing.

          As for the Concentration thing: Syntax looks right, and it should be
          granting the Cskill. It might be erroring on the BONUS, and therefor
          not completing the parse, so nothing gets processed.

          Always try one thing at a time when attempting to debug. Believe it
          or not, it is faster unless there is an obvious syntax error like a
          glaring mis-spelling. :)

        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4 6:22 AM
            <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

            > On 5/2/07, celondon <fgrubb@...> wrote:
            > > I'm making a feat which grants a skill as a class skill, as well as
            > > granting a new Spell Known. However, I want to limit the type of
            spell
            > > to a particular subschool.
            > >
            > > Here is how I have the feat setup.
            > > ====
            > > Divination Specialization TYPE:SubschoolSpecializationFeat
            > > VISIBLE:No
            > >
            > > DESC:Gain use of one Divination spell;
            > > Concentration becomes a Class Skill.
            > >
            > > CSKILL:Concentration
            > > BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|TYPE=Divination;LEVEL=1|1
            >
            > This would grant an extra level 1 spell to any 'Divination' Spell Type
            > casting classes.
            >
            > Since valid spell types are Arcane, Divine, Psionic, it should produce
            > an error somewhere.
            >
            > You have to associate the slot with a Class at some point, and your
            > syntax doesn't do that.
            >
            > At this point in PCGen, the best you can do is a straight spell slot,
            > and user policing.

            Again, please ensure this (and other items we can't do) are FREQed.
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4 7:55 AM
              [ 1712807 ] Grant a Spell Known via Feat from a Particular school

              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1712807&group_id=25576&atid=750092