Stacking non-fighter levels for min fighter level requirement

  • jrajiva
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 10:45 PM
      Hi guys,

      I want to create a feat that allows levels of class X to stack with
      fighter levels for the purpose of qualifying for feats that demand a
      minimum fighter level, like Weapon Specialization. How do I code this?

      I went to the Fighter code and found DEFINE:WeapSpecQualify|1 at 4th
      level for the Fighter. This seems to be what lets PCGEn allow a
      fourth-level fighter to take Weapon Specialization (apart from the
      Weapon Focus prefeat). However, this doesn't seem to let non-fighter
      levels stack with fighter levels to determine whether the character
      qualifies for weapon specialization, greater weapon focus, etc.

      I'm not sure what to do here. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks

      Jay
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 11:00 PM

        Fighter Level Advanced Feat Tracker
        That's the feat called by the Fighter Class

        It has the following found in it:
        BONUS:VAR|WeaponSpecQualifyLVL,GreatWeapFocusQualifyLVL,GreatWeapSpecQualifyLVL|FighterLVL

        Those variables are likewise used within the following feats:
        Weapon Specialization Qualify
        Greater Weapon Focus Qualify
        Greater Weapon Specialization Qualify

        Which all are found in the HIDDEN Feat lst file.

        You need to have those feats granted with either feat or vfeat or some
        other feat granting method

        Then your feat (you make) would require the following tag:

        BONUS:VAR|FighterLVL|var("CL=YourClassNameHere")

        You could do TL but that would mean ALL your class levels would stack
        and that might not be what you want. (I think it'd would add fighter +
        your class and fighter...)

        Hope that helps.

        -Andrew

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 12:36 AM
          On 5/2/07, jrajiva <jay.rajiva@...> wrote:
          > Hi guys,
          >
          > I want to create a feat that allows levels of class X to stack with
          > fighter levels for the purpose of qualifying for feats that demand a
          > minimum fighter level, like Weapon Specialization. How do I code this?
          >
          > I went to the Fighter code and found DEFINE:WeapSpecQualify|1 at 4th
          > level for the Fighter. This seems to be what lets PCGEn allow a
          > fourth-level fighter to take Weapon Specialization (apart from the
          > Weapon Focus prefeat). However, this doesn't seem to let non-fighter
          > levels stack with fighter levels to determine whether the character
          > qualifies for weapon specialization, greater weapon focus, etc.
          >
          > I'm not sure what to do here. Any help would be appreciated.

          Which version PCGen? That was changed in the 5.11.x line.
          Which dataset loaded? If CMP's, you'll have to modify it based on our
          latest RSRD files (Andrew did a good summary).

        • jrajiva
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2 8:14 AM
            <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

            > Which version PCGen? That was changed in the 5.11.x line.
            > Which dataset loaded? If CMP's, you'll have to modify it based on our
            > latest RSRD files (Andrew did a good summary).
            >
            > --
            > Tir Gwaith
            > PCGen LST Chimp

            I'm using 5.10.2. I guess this is the problem! :) I had put off
            installing the latest version because I wanted stability, but maybe
            I'll switch over.

            I am using the CMP RSRD.
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2 6:40 PM
              > I'm using 5.10.2. I guess this is the problem! :) I had put off
              > installing the latest version because I wanted stability, but maybe
              > I'll switch over.
              >
              > I am using the CMP RSRD.

              I'd check with the CMP folks to see if their latest files has it.
              Upgrading to the new Beta version will get you the stacking feature
              for the straight PCGen RSRD dataset. It won't magically change the
              CMP files. :)