Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Default language

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2007
      On 4/29/07, Mercule <lists@...> wrote:
      > In my campaign, I've removed the Common tongue. That was easy enough, as was adding a list of languages to choose from. Here's what I'm having trouble with:
      >
      > How do I get the right count of languages to show in my characters and get the selections correct. When my mod file looks like this:
      >
      > Human.MOD CHOOSE:LANGAUTO:Kalish|Jannish|Vulkaran|Provician|Qincicarn
      >
      > I get no pick list at any point. I also still get Common showing up as the default, despite a mod file like this:

      I wouldn't expect you to. CHOOSE isn't valid in race.lst.

      What you want is a either a set of templates or hidden feats with the
      LANGAUTO tag - allowing selection at time of selecting race, which
      will then apply the LANGAUTO.

      > Common.FORGET

      You have to kill the LANGAUTO:Common tag. Otherwise it phantomly
      creates the language (At least in 5.10.x IIRC).

      > What am I doing wrong?

      CHOOSE isn't a valid race.lst tag. (see above).

    • Mercule
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        > I wouldn't expect you to. CHOOSE isn't valid in race.lst.

        Then the help files need to get corrected or clarified. My first thought was that CHOOSE might not be valid there, but the documentation certainly looks like it is.

        > You have to kill the LANGAUTO:Common tag. Otherwise it phantomly
        > creates the language (At least in 5.10.x IIRC).

        Would that be LANGAUTO.Clear?
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          > Would that be LANGAUTO.Clear?

          LANGAUTO:.CLEAR