Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] choose your own saves

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2007
      On 4/10/07, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

      > I have a class that allows the player to select one save at the good
      > progression and the other 2 as the poor progression. What is the
      > cleanest method of accomplishing this? I'm thinking subclasses (I know
      > there's others), but wanted other peoples' opinions.
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > PR SB, BoD

      The Expert class in True20 works like that. What I did is the following:

      In the CLASS line:
      DEFINE:GoodSave|0
      DEFINE:NormalSave|0
      BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex,BASE.Will|NormalSave
      BONUS:VAR|NormalSave|CL/3
      BONUS:VAR|GoodSave|CL/2+2
      # this defines the normal (=poor) and good save, but sets all checks
      to use normal

      In the CLASS Level line
      1<TAB>ADD:FEAT|Good Save Selection
      #using a hidden feat for selection of the Good Save

      In the FEAT:
      Good Save Selection
      TYPE:ExpertAbility
      VISIBLE:NO
      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|Fortitude|Reflex|Will BONUS:CHECKS|%LIST|GoodSave-NormalSave
      #removes the normal save from the selected check and inserts the good
      save instead

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      I don't make things difficult. That's the way they get, all by themselves.
      (Martin Riggs in "Lethal Weapon", 1986)