Re: [PCGen] [Tag] Problems with .CLEAR

  • thaldorf
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2007
      Sorry, I forgot to mention that I tried .FORGET as well without any
      success.

      > I don't think that line takes .CLEAR.
      >
      > Try this:
      > CLASS:Wizard.MOD
      > SUBCLASS:Abjurer.FORGET
      >
      > and see what that does.
      >
      > If we don't have the functionality to remove a specific subclass, we
      > could definitely use it.
      >
      > On 3/8/07, thaldorf <thaldorf@...> wrote:
      > > Hello there,
      > >
      > > I'm trying to use a customized Wizard class for my home brewed
      > > campaign, I used .MOD tag to modify the standard class from the
      RSRD lst.

      > > My Wizard does not have the classical subclasses, then I tried to use
      > > SUBCLASS:.CLEAR.Abjurer|etc. and is not working.
      > >
      > > Could anybody explain to me what I'm doing wrong or if it just another
      > > bug?
      >

      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
        HASSUBCLASS:NO

        should (maybe?) suppress the SUBCLASS code.

        Having said that, this is the /one/ use case where HASSUBCLASS is
        actually useful, and I proposed a while back to get rid of it and to
        replace it with the ability to forget subclasses. Looks like someone
        actually found a place where that would be useful. :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
          On 3/13/07, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
          > HASSUBCLASS:NO
          >
          > should (maybe?) suppress the SUBCLASS code.
          >
          > Having said that, this is the /one/ use case where HASSUBCLASS is
          > actually useful, and I proposed a while back to get rid of it and to
          > replace it with the ability to forget subclasses. Looks like someone
          > actually found a place where that would be useful. :)

          Actually, I've used this in a few places. Only problem is that it
          won't work here.

          I read that the User is trying to remove a given choice from the
          SUBCLASSes, while keeping others, and adding onto the original.
          "Doesn't have the classical subclasses" - I read that as having
          different ones. We do need a way to do that...