Base class with arcane and divine spell prograssions

  • Darkon
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
      I have encountered a base class that features seprate spell
      progressions for arcane and divine spell progression. As far as I can
      tell PCGen works on the assumption that a base class has only one spell
      progression chart.

      Is it possible to code this class? If yes, how would I approach it?
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
        With two classes. Really.

        Set up the first casting ability like normal.

        Make a second class that JUST does the spellcasting. It won't ever
        really be take, just the spellcasting parts. You'll still need to
        define a HD and other stuff, just so PCGen doesn't balk, but it won't
        matter. This class you will want to have VISIBLE:NO. Maybe not when
        testing it, but when using it, you'll want to hide it from view.

        In your first class, on level line 1, put ADD:SPELLCASTER(Your Other
        Class name here)

        That will make a popup, but only for first level.
        Every other time you want the second class to advance in spellcasting,
        you only need BONUS:PCLEVEL|Your Other Class name here|1

        See the RSRD specific monster classes (like dragons especially) to see
        this mechanism in work.

        On 2/26/07, Darkon <darkon_turas@...> wrote:
        > I have encountered a base class that features seprate spell
        > progressions for arcane and divine spell progression. As far as I can
        > tell PCGen works on the assumption that a base class has only one spell
        > progression chart.
        >
        > Is it possible to code this class? If yes, how would I approach it?

      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
          [ 1669636 ] Base class with arcane and divine spell prograssions
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1669636&group_id=25576&atid=384722

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD
        • Mercule
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2007
            I tried something like this, but VISIBLE:NO messed up the second class. It could no longer select spells.