Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Standalone List Editor

  • Ludovic Fierville
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 16, 2007
      Any good old text editor will do.

      If you want syntax coloring, you will find definitions files here :
      http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/editor%20syntax/

      There are files for the following editors : BBEdit (Macintosh), CONText (I
      don't know this one), Crimson (Windows), Kate (unknown), PSPad (unknown),
      Textpad (Macintosh I think), UltraEdit (Windows), jEdit (all), Vim (all)

      I adaptated the BBEdit file for Smultron for Mac. It's a bit dirty but it's
      got the job done.

      If you're on Windows, I would recommend UltraEdit (commercial,
      unfortunately) or jEdit (coded in Java, a bit slow but otherwise great. And
      open-source).

      Ludo

      2007/2/16, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...>:

      > any text editor. That's actually the more reliable way of creating LST
      > files.
      >
      > I personally recommend UltraEdit. :)
      >
      > On 2/16/07, Francois Leclerc <meleck1@...> wrote:
      > > I was wondering if there was a standalone list editor for PCGen or do
      > > you have to start PCGen to edit a list.
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp