Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Choosing a spell below the max

  • Benoît Bottin
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello again,

      OK so it was my mistake after all - too bad.
      Do any of the LST gurus know of a way to make this selection a house
      rule ? Is it possible to bypass this restriction by an easy .MOD on
      the spells, or is it possible to alter the system files to allow such
      a selection ?

      Thanks,

      Yours,

      Benoît

      On 31 Jan 2007 at 15:33, Axel wrote:

      > I think Domain spells can only be taken as Domain spells, we had a
      > 'discussion' about it and came to the conclusion that they were. Much
      > to my disgust
      >

      > Well,
      > PCGen does not allow it (just create a 1st level cleric with the fire
      > domain and try adding two burning hands as prepared spells).
      >
      > I assume it is part of the same bug.
      >

      > Recent Activity
      > a.. 6New Members
      > Visit Your Group
      > a.. Open source help desk software
      > b.. Open source
      > c.. Open source software
      > d.. Free open source software
      > New web site?
      > Drive traffic now.
      >
      > Get your business
      >
      > on Yahoo! search.
      >
      > Y! Toolbar
      > Get it Free!
      >
      > easy 1-click access
      >
      > to your groups.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups
      > Start a group
      >
      > in 3 easy steps.
      >
      > Connect with others.
      > .

    • Mercule
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
        I haven't tried this, so procede at your own risk. There is a tag that adds a spell to a spell list (I don't have the reference with me -- it's something like ADD:SPELL). If you added that to the domain definition, you could probably get the domain spells added to the class list.

        > OK so it was my mistake after all - too bad.
        > Do any of the LST gurus know of a way to make this selection a house
        > rule ? Is it possible to bypass this restriction by an easy .MOD on
        > the spells, or is it possible to alter the system files to allow such
        > a selection ?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Yours,
        >
        > Benoît
        >

        > On 31 Jan 2007 at 15:33, Axel wrote:
        >
        > > I think Domain spells can only be taken as Domain spells, we had a
        > > 'discussion' about it and came to the conclusion that they were. Much
        > > to my disgust
        > >

        > > Well,
        > > PCGen does not allow it (just create a 1st level cleric with the fire
        > > domain and try adding two burning hands as prepared spells).
        > >
        > > I assume it is part of the same bug.
        > >

        > > Recent Activity
        > > a.. 6New Members
        > > Visit Your Group
        > > a.. Open source help desk software
        > > b.. Open source
        > > c.. Open source software
        > > d.. Free open source software
        > > New web site?
        > > Drive traffic now.
        > >
        > > Get your business
        > >
        > > on Yahoo! search.
        > >
        > > Y! Toolbar
        > > Get it Free!
        > >
        > > easy 1-click access
        > >
        > > to your groups.
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups
        > > Start a group
        > >
        > > in 3 easy steps.
        > >
        > > Connect with others.
        > > .

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2007
          If your goal is to get a domains spells into the regular class spell list
          that is pretty east to .MOD.

          First go into the rsrd_domains.lst file and pick the domain you want, I'll
          use Air as an example. Find the SPELLLEVEL:DOMAIN tag, this is when the
          domain spells are defined. They can also be set in the spell line itself but
          the SPELLLEVEL tag makes it easier than .MODing all those spells.

          Next you want to create a place for this to be copied, if you want this to
          apply to all Clerics then .MOD that class, if you want to apply it
          selectively I'd put it into a template.

          Next paste the SPELLLEVEL:DOMAIN tag into the template or class .MOD. Then
          change SPELLLEVEL:DOMAIN to SPELLLEVEL:CLASS. Next change the domain level
          settings to the class you want, in this case change Air= to Cleric=

          That should be all you need. When the class is .MODed or the template is
          applied those spells should all show up as regular spells in the Clerics
          spell list.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)

          Mercule scribed:

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2007
            Won't that make the spell available to all Clerics, regardless of whether they have access to the Air domain or not, though?

            I might have misunderstood, but I thought the request was conditional on the cleric having the domain.

            > If your goal is to get a domains spells into the regular class spell list
            > that is pretty east to .MOD.
            >
            > First go into the rsrd_domains.lst file and pick the domain you want, I'll
            > use Air as an example. Find the SPELLLEVEL:DOMAIN tag, this is when the
            > domain spells are defined. They can also be set in the spell line itself but
            > the SPELLLEVEL tag makes it easier than .MODing all those spells.
            >
            > Next you want to create a place for this to be copied, if you want this to
            > apply to all Clerics then .MOD that class, if you want to apply it
            > selectively I'd put it into a template.
            >
            > Next paste the SPELLLEVEL:DOMAIN tag into the template or class .MOD. Then
            > change SPELLLEVEL:DOMAIN to SPELLLEVEL:CLASS. Next change the domain level
            > settings to the class you want, in this case change Air= to Cleric=
            >
            > That should be all you need. When the class is .MODed or the template is
            > applied those spells should all show up as regular spells in the Clerics
            > spell list.
            > --
            > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            > ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp

          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 2, 2007
              Mercule scribed:

              > Won't that make the spell available to all Clerics, regardless of whether they
              > have access to the Air domain or not, though?

              > I might have misunderstood, but I thought the request was conditional on the
              > cleric having the domain.

              If this is .MODed then yes it does make the spell available to all Clerics.

              That's why I also suggested putting it in a template which could be applied
              as needed.

              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • Paul Grosse
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 2, 2007
                Could't you PREDOMAIN the SPELLLEVEL:CLASS? Or is that a tag that isn't
                PRExxxable?

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 5, 2007
                  On 2/2/07, Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
                  > Could't you PREDOMAIN the SPELLLEVEL:CLASS? Or is that a tag that isn't
                  > PRExxxable?

                  As it stands, SPELLLEVEL:xxx does not take PRExxx.

                  I don't remember the details, but there was something to do with spell
                  association that made PRExxx not a good thing to code into the tag at
                  the time.

                  Another way to do it is that same tag and instead of .MODing the
                  Class, .MOD the Domain with the new SPELLLEVEL:CLASS tag. Then when
                  taking the domain, the spells will be added to the domain and the
                  class spell list.