Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] stacking bonues from equipment

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
      On 1/11/07 12:43 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

      > I have a piece of equipment that will allow the owner to have at most 5
      > applications active at a time. Each application (the equipment isn't
      > used up) applied a +1 luck bonus to all skills and saves.
      >
      > Is there a way to do this with the one piece of equipment? From reading
      > the docs, it sounds like doing
      >
      > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|1|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|2|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|3|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|4|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|5|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      >
      > Will apply all of the bonuses, which means you get the +5 bonus.

      Not sure I follow you, wouldn't you want to use a choose and let the user
      set the bonus?
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
        > Not sure I follow you, wouldn't you want to use a choose and let
        > the user set the bonus?

        Yeah, a chooser would work. *blush*

        I'm not sure which item (CHOICE, %CHOICE, LIST, %LIST) would be the proper one to pull into the bonus statement.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
          On 1/11/07 1:24 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

          >> Not sure I follow you, wouldn't you want to use a choose and let
          >> the user set the bonus?
          >
          > Yeah, a chooser would work. *blush*
          >
          > I'm not sure which item (CHOICE, %CHOICE, LIST, %LIST) would be the proper one
          > to pull into the bonus statement.

          You must use CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=x|MAX=x|TITLE=text

          And then %CHOICE to pass the number.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Richard Bowers
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
            For examples, check out the spells lst files for srd/rsrd - they have plenty
            of PREAPPLYs with chooses. I think Aid and Bull's Strength have them, for
            example.