stacking bonues from equipment

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
      I have a piece of equipment that will allow the owner to have at most 5
      applications active at a time. Each application (the equipment isn't
      used up) applied a +1 luck bonus to all skills and saves.

      Is there a way to do this with the one piece of equipment? From reading
      the docs, it sounds like doing

      BONUS:SKILL|ALL|1|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      BONUS:SKILL|ALL|2|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      BONUS:SKILL|ALL|3|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      BONUS:SKILL|ALL|4|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
      BONUS:SKILL|ALL|5|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

      Will apply all of the bonuses, which means you get the +5 bonus.

      Thanks.

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
        On 1/11/07 12:43 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

        > I have a piece of equipment that will allow the owner to have at most 5
        > applications active at a time. Each application (the equipment isn't
        > used up) applied a +1 luck bonus to all skills and saves.
        >
        > Is there a way to do this with the one piece of equipment? From reading
        > the docs, it sounds like doing
        >
        > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|1|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|2|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|3|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|4|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        > BONUS:SKILL|ALL|5|TYPE=Luck|PREAPPLY:ANYPC
        >
        > Will apply all of the bonuses, which means you get the +5 bonus.

        Not sure I follow you, wouldn't you want to use a choose and let the user
        set the bonus?
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
          > Not sure I follow you, wouldn't you want to use a choose and let
          > the user set the bonus?

          Yeah, a chooser would work. *blush*

          I'm not sure which item (CHOICE, %CHOICE, LIST, %LIST) would be the proper one to pull into the bonus statement.

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
            On 1/11/07 1:24 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

            >> Not sure I follow you, wouldn't you want to use a choose and let
            >> the user set the bonus?
            >
            > Yeah, a chooser would work. *blush*
            >
            > I'm not sure which item (CHOICE, %CHOICE, LIST, %LIST) would be the proper one
            > to pull into the bonus statement.

            You must use CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=x|MAX=x|TITLE=text

            And then %CHOICE to pass the number.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • Richard Bowers
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2007
              For examples, check out the spells lst files for srd/rsrd - they have plenty
              of PREAPPLYs with chooses. I think Aid and Bull's Strength have them, for
              example.