RE: Effective Character Level Buyoff from Unearthed Arcana

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
      Welcome!

      For dataset creation questions, we ask that people ask them over at List File Help (
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ). I'm sending your question over their for answering.

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2007
        Ok,
        I replied to this yesterday, but it never appeared for some reason,
        so here goes again.

        I've fixed this myself after reading through the group. However,
        now I have a different problem. I'm trying to impliment the Deadeye
        Shot from PHBII. I can do the following :

        DeadeyeShot PREATT:4 PREFEAT:2|Precise Shot,Point Blank Shot
        Desc:<blah> SOURCEPAGE:<blah> etc...

        This all works. The only thing I don't know how to do, and can't find
        an example of in the datasets (I may have overlooked it) is how to do
        the following :

        Require Either 'Sneak Attack' or 'Skirmish'. Can I just add another
        'PREFEAT:1|Skirmish, Sneak Attack' to the feat? Any help would be
        appreciated...

        MDT

        <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

        > Welcome!
        >
        > For dataset creation questions, we ask that people ask them over at
        List File Help (
        > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp/ ). I'm sending
        your question over their for answering.

        > Paul W. King
        > PR SB, BoD

      • Eric C. Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2007
          MTD wrote:
          > I'm trying to impliment
          > the Deadeye
          > Shot from PHBII. I can do the following :
          > The only thing I don't know how to do, and
          > can't find
          > an example of in the datasets (I may have overlooked it) is how to do
          > the following :
          >
          > Require Either 'Sneak Attack' or 'Skirmish'. Can I just add another
          > 'PREFEAT:1|Skirmish, Sneak Attack' to the feat? Any help would be
          > appreciated...

          Try this:
          PREMULT:2,[PREFEAT:2,Precise Shot,Point Blank Shot],[PREFEAT:1,Sneak
          Attack,Skirmish]

          Maredudd
        • mattdt0
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2007
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith"
            <maredudd@...> wrote:

            > MTD wrote:
            > > I'm trying to impliment
            > > the Deadeye
            > > Shot from PHBII. I can do the following :
            > > The only thing I don't know how to do, and
            > > can't find
            > > an example of in the datasets (I may have overlooked it) is how to do
            > > the following :
            > >
            > > Require Either 'Sneak Attack' or 'Skirmish'. Can I just add another
            > > 'PREFEAT:1|Skirmish, Sneak Attack' to the feat? Any help would be
            > > appreciated...
            > >
            > Try this:
            > PREMULT:2,[PREFEAT:2,Precise Shot,Point Blank Shot],[PREFEAT:1,Sneak
            > Attack,Skirmish]
            >
            > Maredudd

            Thanks,
            I'll give that a try as soon as I can sit down at the Linux computer.

            MDT