Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Tag processing order question . . .

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
      Eric C. Smith scribed:

      > and the following BONUS"VAR tags:
      > BONUS:VAR|BreathWeaponHalitosisCloudDC|10+(HD/2)+CON
      >
      > Also, the last BONUS"VAR tag uses the 'HD' variable. As this template is
      > being applied to a
      > player character, albiet at character creation, does the HD are the 'HD' and
      > 'TL' equal? Or
      > should I be using the 'CR' . . . I'm not sure why the breath weapon isn't
      > showing up . . .

      HD returns all the Monster type levels, if your PC is human or something
      else with not monster hitdice this equals 0. TL returns all class levels,
      monster and all. If you want just PC and NPC class levels use (TL-HD).
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
        Bara wrote:

        > You have a couple of problems that I see (assuming one isn't a
        > copy/paste error to the e-mail message)...

        So does this mean that when the revised datsets are released and I download them that
        any templates amd feats in, oh say the Players Handbook, will conform to the new
        standard? . . .

        Not saying that the updates will help me in my current situation . . . I am after all working
        on the Spineless Knob and his nasty habit of spewing noxious clouds of halitosis
        everywhere he goes! :-)

        > You forgot to change the VAR names in the DEFINEs... It really helps
        > if you define the VARs you're actually using. :P

        Oops! Sorry! :-) And I have been trying very hard too! I'll triple check the post before it
        goes out next time . . . Though I guess I could blame the Dire Boar that attacked me last
        night . . . Fortunately I had my +5 Holy Avenging Dakota to defend myself and as I made
        the appropriate saving throw I only took half damage, or rather quarter-panel damage as
        my wife would say . . . That Dire Boar had my Holy Avenging Dakota's name stamped
        across its forehead! Well, at least it did after I was done with it . . .:-)

        > Undefined VARs are ignored and considered to be 0, and an SA with VARs
        > in it that has no number other than zero is not displayed. So the
        > program is considering BreathWeaponHalitosisConeDice,
        > BreathWeaponHalitosisConeDieSize and BreathWeaponHalitosisConeDC as
        > undefined and therefor not showing the SA (if it's even being granted
        > due to issue #1 I mentioned above).

        For my case then, as theBONUS"VARS' for the BWHalitosisCloudDice and
        BWHalitosisDieSize are in the template but are defined and used as part of the feat, there
        is a disconnect logically and the 'SA:Breath Weapon ~ Halitosis/Cloud (Su)' is not being
        applied.

        I'll have to think upon how to fix this one . . .

        Maredudd