Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Choosing gear in a kit

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
      --- Jason Dowd <ding50@...> wrote:

      > Hey folks,
      > I'm trying to create a kit that allows the user to
      > select one of two
      > pieces of equipment instead of just automatically
      > assigning one or the
      > other. Can this be done? I tried throwing a CHOOSE
      > in, but I couldn't
      > find a way to make it work. I know I can create two
      > kits instead, but
      > I was hoping it could be done in one.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Jason

      Well unfortunately not as easily as it should be. You
      can use
      GEAR:TYPE=foo
      which will bring up a chooser allowing you to select
      from a type of equipment.

      We should probably have a freq to allow a choice of
      gear from a specified list.

      -Aaron

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
        > Well unfortunately not as easily as it should be. You
        > can use
        > GEAR:TYPE=foo
        > which will bring up a chooser allowing you to select
        > from a type of equipment.
        >
        > We should probably have a freq to allow a choice of
        > gear from a specified list.

        That would definitely make the FR type regional choices easier.

      • Jason Dowd
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
          <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
          > > Well unfortunately not as easily as it should be. You
          > > can use
          > > GEAR:TYPE=foo
          > > which will bring up a chooser allowing you to select
          > > from a type of equipment.
          > >
          > > We should probably have a freq to allow a choice of
          > > gear from a specified list.
          >
          > That would definitely make the FR type regional choices easier.

          I agree. What I'm trying to do is very similar to that. So will it be
          in 5.12? :D

          Jason