Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Templates not showing up . . .

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
      Eddy Anthony wrote:

      > Eric C. Smith scribed:
      >
      > > Now MONE of the te,plates in my Beastly Template file are showing
      > up . . .
      >
      > Do you have any filters active in the Race tab? That could cause
      > the issue.

      No filters . . . I checked that too . . .

      Eric
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
        > Eddy Anthony wrote:
        >
        > > Eric C. Smith scribed:
        > >
        > > > Now MONE of the te,plates in my Beastly Template file are showing
        > > up . . .
        > >
        > > Do you have any filters active in the Race tab? That could cause
        > > the issue.
        > >

        > No filters . . . I checked that too . . .
        >
        > Eric

        Check to make sure you don't have a space in the beginning of the lst
        file. If it hits that space and chokes you wouldn't see any of the
        templates.

        Paul G.
      • maredudd@blackroot.org
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
          ?I checked for a space and didn't find one . . .

          Also, I do know that PCGen is reading the template.lst file as it busted me on a typo which I have since corrected . .

          Maredudd

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
            I wrote:

            > ?I checked for a space and didn't find one . . .
            >
            > Also, I do know that PCGen is reading the template.lst file as it busted me on a typo
            which I have since corrected . .

            > > Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > >
            > > > Eric C. Smith scribed:

            > > > up . . .
            > > >
            > > > Do you have any filters active in the Race tab? That could cause
            > > > the issue.
            > > >

            > > No filters . . . I checked that too . . .
            > >
            > > Eric
            > >

            > Check to make sure you don't have a space in the beginning of the lst
            > file. If it hits that space and chokes you wouldn't see any of the
            > templates.
            >
            > Paul G.

            OK. I've narrowed this problem down to a set of templates that seem to screw everything
            up . . . I have commented out those templates and all the other templates in that file came
            back and seem to be working just fine, but only after reinstalling a clean copy and copied
            the appropriate files into PCGen.

            I'm still trying to figure out whhy the templates in question break the system . . .

            ** Problem Statement **
            I have a feat listed in the Beastly dataset called 'Snuggle Bunny'. In this feat I apply the
            'Snuggle Bunny' template with a 'TEMPLATE:Snuggle Bunny' tag. Is there a conflict with
            using the same name for the feat and template? Next, the 'Snuggle Bunny' template
            makes you choose between several other templates, i.e. 'Snuggle Bunny (Fine)', 'Snuggle
            Bunney (Diminuitive)', etc . . .

            It looks like this:
            Maredudds_beastly_campaign_feats.lst
            #Beastly Feats
            Snuggle Bunny . . . TEMPLATE:Snuggle Bunny

            maredudds_beastly_campaign_template.lst
            #Beastly Templates
            Snuggle Bunny . . . TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:Snuggle Bunny (Fine)|etc . . .
            Snuggle Bunny (Fine)
            Snuggle Bunny (Diminuitive)
            Snuggle Bunny (Tiny)
            Snuggle Bunny (Small)
            Snuggle Bunny (Medium)
            Snuggle Bunny (Large)
            Snuggle Bunny (Huge)
            Snuggle Bunny (Gargantuan)
            Snuggle Bunny (Colossal)

            Any thought?

            Eric/Maredudd
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
              > I wrote:
              > >
              > > ?I checked for a space and didn't find one . . .
              > >
              > > Also, I do know that PCGen is reading the template.lst file as it
              > > busted me on a typo
              > which I have since corrected . .

              > could cause
              > > > >

              > > > No filters . . . I checked that too . . .
              > > >
              > > > Eric
              > > >

              > > Check to make sure you don't have a space in the beginning
              > of the lst
              > > file. If it hits that space and chokes you wouldn't see any of the
              > > templates.
              > >
              > > Paul G.
              > >

              > OK. I've narrowed this problem down to a set of templates
              > that seem to screw everything up . . . I have commented out
              > those templates and all the other templates in that file came
              > back and seem to be working just fine, but only after
              > reinstalling a clean copy and copied the appropriate files into PCGen.
              >
              > I'm still trying to figure out whhy the templates in question
              > break the system . . .
              >
              > ** Problem Statement **
              > I have a feat listed in the Beastly dataset called 'Snuggle
              > Bunny'. In this feat I apply the 'Snuggle Bunny' template
              > with a 'TEMPLATE:Snuggle Bunny' tag. Is there a conflict
              > with using the same name for the feat and template? Next,
              > the 'Snuggle Bunny' template makes you choose between several
              > other templates, i.e. 'Snuggle Bunny (Fine)', 'Snuggle Bunney
              > (Diminuitive)', etc . . .
              >
              > It looks like this:
              > Maredudds_beastly_campaign_feats.lst
              > #Beastly Feats
              > Snuggle Bunny . . . TEMPLATE:Snuggle Bunny
              >
              > maredudds_beastly_campaign_template.lst
              > #Beastly Templates
              > Snuggle Bunny . . . TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:Snuggle Bunny (Fine)|etc . . .
              > Snuggle Bunny (Fine)

              How are you adding these to your character, Are you using the
              TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE tag in the Snuggle Bunny template?
            • Eric C. Smith
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
                Paul G. wrote:

                > How are you adding these to your character, Are you using the
                > TEMPLATE:ADDCHOICE tag in the Snuggle Bunny template?

                No. I use the TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:x|x tag.

                While creating a new character, I will select the 'Snuggle
                Bunny' feat which in turn automatically applies the 'Snuggle
                Bunny' template with the 'TEMPLATE:Snuggle Bunny' tag.

                When the 'Snuggle Bunny' template gets applied it asks
                which of a collection of sub-templates to apply next.

                These sub-templates essentially apply size specific
                modifications to the character. this is done with the
                'TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:x|x' tag.

                The original 'Snuggle Bunny' feat is included in the
                appropriate feat file but I have not tested its operation yet.
                (I have been working on the 'Gnarly BEast' and the 'Thorny
                Beast' stuff first and have gotten them working almost
                perfectly . . . Now that I have said that I bet it will all blow
                up in my face . . . :-)

                Once I figure out why the 'Snuggle Bunny%' templates are
                honking up the system I will be able to proceed with the
                Snuggle Bunny development and then, well . . . who knows
                where to next! :-)

                Maredudd
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
                  I experienced the same problem. For some reason Feats that add a
                  template with a chooser don't 'stick'.