Choosing gear in a kit

  • Jason Dowd
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hey folks,
      I'm trying to create a kit that allows the user to select one of two
      pieces of equipment instead of just automatically assigning one or the
      other. Can this be done? I tried throwing a CHOOSE in, but I couldn't
      find a way to make it work. I know I can create two kits instead, but
      I was hoping it could be done in one.

      Thanks!
      Jason
    • boomer70
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
        --- Jason Dowd <ding50@...> wrote:

        > Hey folks,
        > I'm trying to create a kit that allows the user to
        > select one of two
        > pieces of equipment instead of just automatically
        > assigning one or the
        > other. Can this be done? I tried throwing a CHOOSE
        > in, but I couldn't
        > find a way to make it work. I know I can create two
        > kits instead, but
        > I was hoping it could be done in one.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Jason

        Well unfortunately not as easily as it should be. You
        can use
        GEAR:TYPE=foo
        which will bring up a chooser allowing you to select
        from a type of equipment.

        We should probably have a freq to allow a choice of
        gear from a specified list.

        -Aaron

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
          > Well unfortunately not as easily as it should be. You
          > can use
          > GEAR:TYPE=foo
          > which will bring up a chooser allowing you to select
          > from a type of equipment.
          >
          > We should probably have a freq to allow a choice of
          > gear from a specified list.

          That would definitely make the FR type regional choices easier.

        • Jason Dowd
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
            <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
            > > Well unfortunately not as easily as it should be. You
            > > can use
            > > GEAR:TYPE=foo
            > > which will bring up a chooser allowing you to select
            > > from a type of equipment.
            > >
            > > We should probably have a freq to allow a choice of
            > > gear from a specified list.
            >
            > That would definitely make the FR type regional choices easier.

            I agree. What I'm trying to do is very similar to that. So will it be
            in 5.12? :D

            Jason