Negative CASTERLEVEL?

  • Lange LeBlanc
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2006
      Implementing a type of feat called Curses (kind of like Flaws from Unearthed
      Arcana).

      I'm trying to get my feat to apply a -1 effective caster level to all spell
      variables (CASTERLEVEL tag). Here's what I got so far.

      TYPE:Curse BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Arcane|-1
      BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Divine|-1

      When this feat is chosen there is absolutely no impact on the spell
      variables.

      Does anyone have any input as how to apply a -1 to casterlevel with a feat?

      Thanks.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2006
        > I'm trying to get my feat to apply a -1 effective caster level to all spell
        > variables (CASTERLEVEL tag). Here's what I got so far.

        > TYPE:Curse BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Arcane|-1
        > BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Divine|-1

        > When this feat is chosen there is absolutely no impact on the spell
        > variables.

        > Does anyone have any input as how to apply a -1 to casterlevel with a feat?

        I've experienced some weirdness with TYPE referencing of spells
        lately. I think it is part of the refactoring process, and since it
        has been intermitant, I haven't really investigated.

        I would suggest trying
        BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|SCHOOL.Abjuration,SCHOOL.Conjuration,SCHOOL.Divination,SCHOOL.Enchantment,SCHOOL.Evocation,SCHOOL.Illusion,SCHOOL.Necromancy,SCHOOL.Transmutation,SCHOOL.Universal|-1

        Basically, it does the same thing, from different code. :)

      • Lange LeBlanc
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1 1:33 PM
          Tried this but the results were the same.

          As an experiment I applied just a +1 instead of -1

          BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|SCHOOL.Abjuration,SCHOOL.Conjuration,SCHOOL.Divination,SCH
          OOL.Enchantment,SCHOOL.Evocation,SCHOOL.Illusion,SCHOOL.Necromancy,SCHOOL.Tr
          ansmutation,SCHOOL.Universal|1

          The +1 worked. I guess the issue is trying to apply a -1.

          Any way around this?

          Thanks

          _____