Re: Automatic Character Descriptions

  • Phillip Ryan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
      <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

      > On 12/2/06, Phillip Ryan <pryan7@...> wrote:
      > > Is there a tag that can insert text into one of the character's Notes

      > > sections (i.e. Bio, Description, Companions, etc.) the way the tag SA
      > > inserts text into the Abilities section?
      > >
      > > For example: If a Kit specifies that the PC is from the Misty Isles
      > > region, what tag do I use to have the Kit insert into the PC's Bio a
      > > brief description of the Misty Isles region? Or if a Template makes
      > > the PC grow green fur with yellow spots all over his body, what tag do
      > > I use to have the Template insert why people keep laughing at him into
      > > the PC's Description?
      > >
      > > If there is such a tag, where in the Docs should I look for it?
      >
      > A) There isn't a tag. There are some biosettings.lst tags that can
      > fill in (via the 'random' button the the tab, with selections checked)
      > the eye color, etc.
      >
      > > If there is not such a tag, how hard would it be to create one for a
      > > future version?
      >
      > Not sure, but a simple version prob. wouldn't be too hard. We just
      > had some major text enhancements for tables, etc. using RegEx, I
      > think, Setting up a good system for that sort of thing would prob. be
      > best with a new file type, tho, methinks.
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

      Thank you for your quick response.

      I knew about the biosetting.lst tags also the traits.lst and the
      location.lst files for random descriptive details. And, I can see that
      there might be an interest in some form of random Bio text. A separate
      file would certainly be useful for that.

      However, I was thinking of Homebrew Kits, Templates, and maybe Feats
      that could add some specific descriptive text into the Notes section
      related to the effects of the Kit, Template, or Feat. Something
      similar to the DESC or the SA tag.

      Phil Ryan