Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Formulae for calculating cost per charge on wands and staves (staffs) ?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006

      Ken Coar wrote:
      > I'm trying to add the Staff of Glory from Arms & Equipment to a
      > campaign LST file. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work out to a
      > cost of 80'000 no matter what I do.

      We aren't supposed to mention closed content on the forums. (Anything
      from WotC is closed content) With that said, you can just create the
      staff with the powers and put what you want the cost to be with the cost
      tag. As I understand you've created the item but only the cost is off.
      > I supposed I could play games with an EQMOD:SPEL_CHRG tag and altering
      > the SPELLLEVEL and CASTERLEVEL values, and it works -- to an extent.
      > But again, I can't quite get it to work out to exactly 80'000
      > (essentially 1'600/charge).

      Formula is for the basics, item creation has basic guidelines, but even
      they say some costs deviate from the guidelines due to power level.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
        If you look at rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst, you'll see our custom set
        up for weird numbers of charges. Down around line 229 or so.

        To note: A lot of Staffs have costs that don't totally come from the
        number of charges. Special abilities that grant things (usally X/day)
        without using charges, etc. You might to have several eqmods, one for
        a grouping based on charges, and another for more static effects.

        And since someone mentioned the closed content thing, we can let it
        pass. I don't own that source, so it doesn't effect my ability to
        help anyway. :)

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
          Ken Coar scribed:

          > I'm trying to add the Staff of Glory from Arms & Equipment to a
          > campaign LST file. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work out to a
          > cost of 80'000 no matter what I do.
          >
          > I supposed I could play games with an EQMOD:SPEL_CHRG tag and altering
          > the SPELLLEVEL and CASTERLEVEL values, and it works -- to an extent.
          > But again, I can't quite get it to work out to exactly 80'000
          > (essentially 1'600/charge).
          >
          > Although I've found oblique mention of formulae for calculating costs
          > based on charges, I haven't actually found the formulae themselves..
          >
          > Any help?
          >
          > Thanks!

          If you are using the RSRD (or SRD) as your base set I created some hidden
          EQMODs for this exact purpose. Add this to your staff:

          EQMOD:CHARGED_ITEM_50|CHARGES[50]

          That should be all you need, leave the cost at the listed amount. If you are
          using something else you can look in the rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst file
          and copy the Charged Items EQMODds
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)