Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Bonus Clerc Spells for Sorcerer

  • Chris Holden
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
      Thanks Tir.

      -Chris

      On 11/25/06, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

      > On 11/25/06, Chris Holden <cholden14@... <cholden14%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > > Greetings all, I am trying to modify the Sorcerer for a new campaign.
      > >
      > > The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine Spell Known instead
      > > of an Arcane spell for each spell level.
      > >
      > > So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level spell known instead
      > > of an arcance spell.
      > >
      > > How can I get this to work? I tried this and it didn't work:
      > >
      > > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:1|1
      > > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:2|1
      >
      > These tags mean the Sorcerer class grants a character with Cleric
      > levels gets more spells known as a Cleric. Which is pointless, since
      > Cleric's don't have Spells known.
      >
      > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
      > 1<tab>ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)
      >
      > feat.lst:
      > Cure Light Wounds spell<tab>TYPE:MyFeatType<tab>VISIBLE:NO
      > <tab>SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds
      > etc.
      >
      > That allows the character to select the spell in his spells known.
      > With the current limitations in SPELLLEVEL tag, you'll have to code a
      > feat for each spell you want to grant the character (or more
      > specifically, a specific SPELLLEVEL tag per spell).
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • frugal10191
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 15, 2006
        <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

        > On 11/25/06, Chris Holden <cholden14@...> wrote:
        > > Greetings all, I am trying to modify the Sorcerer for a new
        > > campaign.
        > >
        > > The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine Spell Known
        > > instead
        > > of an Arcane spell for each spell level.
        > >
        > > So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level spell known
        > > instead
        > > of an arcance spell.
        > >
        > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
        > 1<tab>ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)
        >
        > feat.lst:
        > Cure Light Wounds spell<tab>TYPE:MyFeatType<tab>VISIBLE:NO
        > <tab>SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds
        > etc.
        >
        > That allows the character to select the spell in his spells known.
        > With the current limitations in SPELLLEVEL tag, you'll have to code
        > a feat for each spell you want to grant the character (or more
        > specifically, a specific SPELLLEVEL tag per spell).

        Tir,

        Is there no way to use a CHOICE to pick the spell? I need to do
        something very similar where a class can pick a single spell from the
        Wizard spell list. If I have to write a feat for every spell in the
        wizard spell list I will be here for months ;)

        hugs
        Frugal
      • boomer70
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 15, 2006
          --- frugal10191 <pcgen@...> wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir
          > Gwaith"
          > <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > On 11/25/06, Chris Holden <cholden14@...> wrote:
          > > > Greetings all, I am trying to modify the
          > Sorcerer for a new
          > > > campaign.
          > > >
          > > > The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine
          > Spell Known
          > > > instead
          > > > of an Arcane spell for each spell level.
          > > >
          > > > So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level
          > spell known
          > > > instead
          > > > of an arcance spell.
          > > >
          > > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
          > > 1<tab>ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)
          > >
          > > feat.lst:
          > > Cure Light Wounds
          > spell<tab>TYPE:MyFeatType<tab>VISIBLE:NO
          > > <tab>SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds
          > > etc.
          > >
          > > That allows the character to select the spell in
          > his spells known.
          > > With the current limitations in SPELLLEVEL tag,
          > you'll have to code
          > > a feat for each spell you want to grant the
          > character (or more
          > > specifically, a specific SPELLLEVEL tag per
          > spell).
          >
          > Tir,
          >
          > Is there no way to use a CHOICE to pick the spell? I
          > need to do
          > something very similar where a class can pick a
          > single spell from the
          > Wizard spell list. If I have to write a feat for
          > every spell in the
          > wizard spell list I will be here for months ;)

          Unfortunately not at the moment. We have having a
          discussion now on experimental related to all this
          stuff (spell lists etc.) so hopefully we will have a
          solution in the not too distant future.

          -Aaron

          http://mail.yahoo.com