Bonus Clerc Spells for Sorcerer

  • Chris Holden
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
      Greetings all, I am trying to modify the Sorcerer for a new campaign.

      The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine Spell Known instead
      of an Arcane spell for each spell level.

      So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level spell known instead
      of an arcance spell.

      How can I get this to work? I tried this and it didn't work:

      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:1|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:2|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:3|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:4|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:5|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:6|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:7|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:8|1
      CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:9|1

      Thanks for any help in advance
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
        On 11/25/06, Chris Holden <cholden14@...> wrote:
        > Greetings all, I am trying to modify the Sorcerer for a new campaign.
        >
        > The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine Spell Known instead
        > of an Arcane spell for each spell level.
        >
        > So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level spell known instead
        > of an arcance spell.
        >
        > How can I get this to work? I tried this and it didn't work:
        >
        > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:1|1
        > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:2|1

        These tags mean the Sorcerer class grants a character with Cleric
        levels gets more spells known as a Cleric. Which is pointless, since
        Cleric's don't have Spells known.

        CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
        1<tab>ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)

        feat.lst:
        Cure Light Wounds spell<tab>TYPE:MyFeatType<tab>VISIBLE:NO
        <tab>SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds
        etc.

        That allows the character to select the spell in his spells known.
        With the current limitations in SPELLLEVEL tag, you'll have to code a
        feat for each spell you want to grant the character (or more
        specifically, a specific SPELLLEVEL tag per spell).

      • Chris Holden
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
          Thanks Tir.

          -Chris

          On 11/25/06, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

          > On 11/25/06, Chris Holden <cholden14@... <cholden14%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          > > Greetings all, I am trying to modify the Sorcerer for a new campaign.
          > >
          > > The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine Spell Known instead
          > > of an Arcane spell for each spell level.
          > >
          > > So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level spell known instead
          > > of an arcance spell.
          > >
          > > How can I get this to work? I tried this and it didn't work:
          > >
          > > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:1|1
          > > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD<tab>BONUS:SPELLKNOWN|CLASS:Cleric;LEVEL:2|1
          >
          > These tags mean the Sorcerer class grants a character with Cleric
          > levels gets more spells known as a Cleric. Which is pointless, since
          > Cleric's don't have Spells known.
          >
          > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
          > 1<tab>ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)
          >
          > feat.lst:
          > Cure Light Wounds spell<tab>TYPE:MyFeatType<tab>VISIBLE:NO
          > <tab>SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds
          > etc.
          >
          > That allows the character to select the spell in his spells known.
          > With the current limitations in SPELLLEVEL tag, you'll have to code a
          > feat for each spell you want to grant the character (or more
          > specifically, a specific SPELLLEVEL tag per spell).
          >
          > --
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

        • frugal10191
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2006
            <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

            > On 11/25/06, Chris Holden <cholden14@...> wrote:
            > > Greetings all, I am trying to modify the Sorcerer for a new
            > > campaign.
            > >
            > > The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine Spell Known
            > > instead
            > > of an Arcane spell for each spell level.
            > >
            > > So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level spell known
            > > instead
            > > of an arcance spell.
            > >
            > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
            > 1<tab>ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)
            >
            > feat.lst:
            > Cure Light Wounds spell<tab>TYPE:MyFeatType<tab>VISIBLE:NO
            > <tab>SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds
            > etc.
            >
            > That allows the character to select the spell in his spells known.
            > With the current limitations in SPELLLEVEL tag, you'll have to code
            > a feat for each spell you want to grant the character (or more
            > specifically, a specific SPELLLEVEL tag per spell).

            Tir,

            Is there no way to use a CHOICE to pick the spell? I need to do
            something very similar where a class can pick a single spell from the
            Wizard spell list. If I have to write a feat for every spell in the
            wizard spell list I will be here for months ;)

            hugs
            Frugal
          • boomer70
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 15, 2006
              --- frugal10191 <pcgen@...> wrote:

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir
              > Gwaith"
              > <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > On 11/25/06, Chris Holden <cholden14@...> wrote:
              > > > Greetings all, I am trying to modify the
              > Sorcerer for a new
              > > > campaign.
              > > >
              > > > The DM is allowing Sorcerers to choose 1 Divine
              > Spell Known
              > > > instead
              > > > of an Arcane spell for each spell level.
              > > >
              > > > So I can take Cure Light Wounds for a 1st level
              > spell known
              > > > instead
              > > > of an arcance spell.
              > > >
              > > CLASS:Sorcerer.MOD
              > > 1<tab>ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)
              > >
              > > feat.lst:
              > > Cure Light Wounds
              > spell<tab>TYPE:MyFeatType<tab>VISIBLE:NO
              > > <tab>SPELLLEVEL:CLASS|Sorcerer=1|Cure Light Wounds
              > > etc.
              > >
              > > That allows the character to select the spell in
              > his spells known.
              > > With the current limitations in SPELLLEVEL tag,
              > you'll have to code
              > > a feat for each spell you want to grant the
              > character (or more
              > > specifically, a specific SPELLLEVEL tag per
              > spell).
              >
              > Tir,
              >
              > Is there no way to use a CHOICE to pick the spell? I
              > need to do
              > something very similar where a class can pick a
              > single spell from the
              > Wizard spell list. If I have to write a feat for
              > every spell in the
              > wizard spell list I will be here for months ;)

              Unfortunately not at the moment. We have having a
              discussion now on experimental related to all this
              stuff (spell lists etc.) so hopefully we will have a
              solution in the not too distant future.

              -Aaron

              http://mail.yahoo.com