Fly Feat

  • master_magi2000 <zafitz@charter.net>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 11, 2003
      I'm trying to create a custom feat that grants the character using it
      a bonus to fly with a speed of 100 but unless the character already
      has a flying speed the bonus the feat gives does nothing.

      BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Fly|100 is the actual line of code I'm using to grant
      the bonus.
    • Ian Dale <ian_dale@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 11, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "master_magi2000
        <zafitz@c...>" <zafitz@c...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to create a custom feat that grants the character using it
        > a bonus to fly with a speed of 100 but unless the character already
        > has a flying speed the bonus the feat gives does nothing.
        >
        > BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Fly|100 is the actual line of code I'm using to grant
        > the bonus.

        I don't believe that BONUS will work. If you can have a MOVE tag in a
        feat, then you'd want something like this:

        Fly[tab]!PREMOVE:Fly=1[tab]MOVE:Fly,100

        -Ian
        LST Tamarin
      • master_magi2000 <zafitz@charter.net>
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 11, 2003
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Dale <ian_dale@h...>"
          <ian_dale@h...> wrote:
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "master_magi2000
          > <zafitz@c...>" <zafitz@c...> wrote:
          > > I'm trying to create a custom feat that grants the character
          using it
          > > a bonus to fly with a speed of 100 but unless the character
          already
          > > has a flying speed the bonus the feat gives does nothing.
          > >
          > > BONUS:MOVE|TYPE=Fly|100 is the actual line of code I'm using to
          grant
          > > the bonus.
          >
          > I don't believe that BONUS will work. If you can have a MOVE tag in
          > feat, then you'd want something like this:
          >
          > Fly[tab]!PREMOVE:Fly=1[tab]MOVE:Fly,100
          >
          > -Ian
          > LST Tamarin

          The Feats list editor won't accept the line of code
          Fly[tab]!PREMOVE:Fly=1[tab]MOVE:Fly,100

          Also can you explain how this line of code actually works? That way I
          can program other feats that are similar to this one.
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 11, 2003
            > The Feats list editor won't accept the line of code
            > Fly[tab]!PREMOVE:Fly=1[tab]MOVE:Fly,100
            >
            > Also can you explain how this line of code actually works? That way I
            > can program other feats that are similar to this one.

            Fly (name of feat)
            !PREMOVE:Fly=1 (Checks to see if the character can fly at 1 ft or better,
            if so, the character can not take the feat)
            MOVE:Fly,100 (MOVE tag. Sets a new type of Move, 'Fly' at a speed
            of 100)

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen BoD
            Data Silverback
          • master_magi2000 <zafitz@charter.net>
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 16, 2003
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-
              gwaith@l...> wrote:
              > > The Feats list editor won't accept the line of code
              > > Fly[tab]!PREMOVE:Fly=1[tab]MOVE:Fly,100
              > >
              > > Also can you explain how this line of code actually works? That
              way I
              > > can program other feats that are similar to this one.
              >
              > Fly (name of feat)
              > !PREMOVE:Fly=1 (Checks to see if the character can fly at 1 ft or
              better,
              > if so, the character can not take the feat)
              > MOVE:Fly,100 (MOVE tag. Sets a new type of Move, 'Fly' at
              a speed
              > of 100)
              >
              > Tir Gwaith
              > PCGen BoD
              > Data Silverback

              Thanks for the explanation of the code but editor still won't accept
              the code MOVE:Fly,100 and when I manually edit the custom feats file
              pcgen pops up an error dialog with MOVE:Fly,100 in quotes.
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 16, 2003
                > Thanks for the explanation of the code but editor still won't accept
                > the code MOVE:Fly,100 and when I manually edit the custom feats file
                > pcgen pops up an error dialog with MOVE:Fly,100 in quotes.

                Now my brain is on.

                MOVE is an INVALID tag in Feats. Ok, I might need to look at that. Try
                MOVECLONE, though I think that is templates only.

                TMs. Talk to me about getting a FReq in for this, I guess.

                Tir Gwaith
                PCGen BoD
                Data Silverback
              • master_magi2000 <zafitz@charter.net>
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 16, 2003
                  gwaith@l...> wrote:
                  > > Thanks for the explanation of the code but editor still won't
                  accept
                  > > the code MOVE:Fly,100 and when I manually edit the custom feats
                  file
                  > > pcgen pops up an error dialog with MOVE:Fly,100 in quotes.
                  >
                  > Now my brain is on.
                  >
                  > MOVE is an INVALID tag in Feats. Ok, I might need to look at
                  that. Try
                  > MOVECLONE, though I think that is templates only.
                  >
                  > TMs. Talk to me about getting a FReq in for this, I guess.
                  >
                  > Tir Gwaith
                  > PCGen BoD
                  > Data Silverback

                  MOVECLONE didn't work either. So how I go about making a feature
                  request?