Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Dark Sun 3e

  • Stephen R. Wilcoxon
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
      > > Is anybody working on encoding the rules of Dark Sun 3e
      > > (www.athas.org) into PcGen? I do and I would like to share ideas and
      > > files (of course)
      >
      > Not allowed.
      >
      > Darksun is Intellectual Property of Wizards. Athas.org has a special
      > arraingement with Wizards, but Wizards keeps the IP.

      Has anybody approached Wizards about giving PCGen permission to do this?
      Seems really stupid if Wizards wouldn't since they have stated they have no
      interest in developing DS for 3e.

      I really don't understand the way Wizards handles permission for alot of
      their material. I would think it would help sales if there was a good
      character generation program available for all of their material (eg the
      class supplements). The only reason I could see for not allowing this
      would be to push their own character generation software, but since they
      did such a shoddy job on it, nobody will buy it regardless of what
      information it has.
    • Ian Dale <ian_dale@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen R. Wilcoxon"
        <wilcoxon@c...> wrote:
        > > > Is anybody working on encoding the rules of Dark Sun 3e
        > > > (www.athas.org) into PcGen? I do and I would like to share ideas and
        > > > files (of course)
        > >
        > > Not allowed.
        > >
        > > Darksun is Intellectual Property of Wizards. Athas.org has a special
        > > arraingement with Wizards, but Wizards keeps the IP.
        >
        > Has anybody approached Wizards about giving PCGen permission to do this?

        Code Monkey Publishing is currently in negotiations with WotC for
        permission to use all their non-SRD materials in PCGen. Stay tuned for
        updates as they come in.

        -Ian
        LST Tamarin