Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [Frank] Modern Armor Prof question (WAS [pcgen] Newbie Question - list file help)

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
      On 11/9/06, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
      > > One of the items that I am trying to add is Interceptor Body Armor.
      > > Here is what I have so far:
      > >
      > > Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates
      > > TYPE:Armor.Heavy.Suit.Tactical
      > > COST:30
      > > WT:21
      > > ACCHECK:-2
      > > MAXDEX:3
      > > MOVE:30
      > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|7|TYPE=Armor.STACK
      > > SPROP:Lic(+1)
      > >

      > > Now what makes this difficult is that in order to use this armor you
      > > do not need to have any Armor Proficiency. But if you do have Heavy
      > > Armor proficiency you get a +1 to your defense.
      > >
      > > The problem I am having is getting the item listed, but not requiring
      > > Armor Proficiency to use it.
      >
      > As in, it shows up red, and you don't want it to. First of all, the
      > red doesn't actually prevent a person from purchasing and using the
      > item. You could code up some BONUSes to remove the penalty and leave
      > it alone...
      >
      > Better idea is to add it to "All Automatic Proficiencies" hidden feat.
      > Of course, looking at MSRD, that isn't coded in, which makes it more
      > difficult.
      >
      > Basically, all you need for the proficiency is
      > AUTO:ARMORPROF|Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates
      >
      > Here's a quick and dirty way that will get it working for your campaign:
      > Add the AUTO:ARMORPROF|Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates to the actual
      > equipment object. It should show red until equipped, but won't give
      > the penalty. The more proper method is to have that tag in every
      > race/class, etc. In the RSRD, we have a hidden feat that is added by
      > all TYPE:Base classes. (Flagged for Frank, to consider doing this to
      > the MSRD for future releases).

      There wasn't a need for a 'All Automatic Proficiencies' yet, as all
      that modern characters gain automatically is Simple Weapons
      Proficiency. I'll put it in now to allow modifying it.

      > The BONUS you want is BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Defense|PREFEAT:1,Armor
      > Proficiency (Heavy)
      >
      > I'm not sure about the TYPE for the bonus, since I don't know Modern.
      > But that ought get you to the point where you can finish your
      > character. :)
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

      If they should literally call it Defense Bonus, the Type as Tir
      suggested would be correct.

      If they call it bonus to your defense, that should be
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Armor.STACK|PREFEAT:1,Armor Proficiency
      (Heavy).

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      Come on now, be honest! Which one of you wouldn't rather listen to his
      hairdresser than Hercules? Or Horatius, or Orpheus... people so lofty
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2006
        > There wasn't a need for a 'All Automatic Proficiencies' yet, as all
        > that modern characters gain automatically is Simple Weapons
        > Proficiency. I'll put it in now to allow modifying it.

        trackered: [ 1593541 ] [MSRD] Add 'All Automatic Prof' feat to Base Classes
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1593541&group_id=25576&atid=750092

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Content Silverback