[Frank] Modern Armor Prof question (WAS [pcgen] Newbie Question - list file help)

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
      > One of the items that I am trying to add is Interceptor Body Armor.
      > Here is what I have so far:
      >
      > Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates
      > TYPE:Armor.Heavy.Suit.Tactical
      > COST:30
      > WT:21
      > ACCHECK:-2
      > MAXDEX:3
      > MOVE:30
      > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|7|TYPE=Armor.STACK
      > SPROP:Lic(+1)
      >

      > Now what makes this difficult is that in order to use this armor you
      > do not need to have any Armor Proficiency. But if you do have Heavy
      > Armor proficiency you get a +1 to your defense.
      >
      > The problem I am having is getting the item listed, but not requiring
      > Armor Proficiency to use it.

      As in, it shows up red, and you don't want it to. First of all, the
      red doesn't actually prevent a person from purchasing and using the
      item. You could code up some BONUSes to remove the penalty and leave
      it alone...

      Better idea is to add it to "All Automatic Proficiencies" hidden feat.
      Of course, looking at MSRD, that isn't coded in, which makes it more
      difficult.

      Basically, all you need for the proficiency is
      AUTO:ARMORPROF|Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates

      Here's a quick and dirty way that will get it working for your campaign:
      Add the AUTO:ARMORPROF|Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates to the actual
      equipment object. It should show red until equipped, but won't give
      the penalty. The more proper method is to have that tag in every
      race/class, etc. In the RSRD, we have a hidden feat that is added by
      all TYPE:Base classes. (Flagged for Frank, to consider doing this to
      the MSRD for future releases).

      The BONUS you want is BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Defense|PREFEAT:1,Armor
      Proficiency (Heavy)

      I'm not sure about the TYPE for the bonus, since I don't know Modern.
      But that ought get you to the point where you can finish your
      character. :)

    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
        On 11/9/06, Tir Gwaith <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:
        > > One of the items that I am trying to add is Interceptor Body Armor.
        > > Here is what I have so far:
        > >
        > > Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates
        > > TYPE:Armor.Heavy.Suit.Tactical
        > > COST:30
        > > WT:21
        > > ACCHECK:-2
        > > MAXDEX:3
        > > MOVE:30
        > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|7|TYPE=Armor.STACK
        > > SPROP:Lic(+1)
        > >

        > > Now what makes this difficult is that in order to use this armor you
        > > do not need to have any Armor Proficiency. But if you do have Heavy
        > > Armor proficiency you get a +1 to your defense.
        > >
        > > The problem I am having is getting the item listed, but not requiring
        > > Armor Proficiency to use it.
        >
        > As in, it shows up red, and you don't want it to. First of all, the
        > red doesn't actually prevent a person from purchasing and using the
        > item. You could code up some BONUSes to remove the penalty and leave
        > it alone...
        >
        > Better idea is to add it to "All Automatic Proficiencies" hidden feat.
        > Of course, looking at MSRD, that isn't coded in, which makes it more
        > difficult.
        >
        > Basically, all you need for the proficiency is
        > AUTO:ARMORPROF|Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates
        >
        > Here's a quick and dirty way that will get it working for your campaign:
        > Add the AUTO:ARMORPROF|Interceptor Body Armor w/ Plates to the actual
        > equipment object. It should show red until equipped, but won't give
        > the penalty. The more proper method is to have that tag in every
        > race/class, etc. In the RSRD, we have a hidden feat that is added by
        > all TYPE:Base classes. (Flagged for Frank, to consider doing this to
        > the MSRD for future releases).

        There wasn't a need for a 'All Automatic Proficiencies' yet, as all
        that modern characters gain automatically is Simple Weapons
        Proficiency. I'll put it in now to allow modifying it.

        > The BONUS you want is BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Defense|PREFEAT:1,Armor
        > Proficiency (Heavy)
        >
        > I'm not sure about the TYPE for the bonus, since I don't know Modern.
        > But that ought get you to the point where you can finish your
        > character. :)
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

        If they should literally call it Defense Bonus, the Type as Tir
        suggested would be correct.

        If they call it bonus to your defense, that should be
        BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Armor.STACK|PREFEAT:1,Armor Proficiency
        (Heavy).

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Content Silverback

        --
        Come on now, be honest! Which one of you wouldn't rather listen to his
        hairdresser than Hercules? Or Horatius, or Orpheus... people so lofty
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2006
          > There wasn't a need for a 'All Automatic Proficiencies' yet, as all
          > that modern characters gain automatically is Simple Weapons
          > Proficiency. I'll put it in now to allow modifying it.

          trackered: [ 1593541 ] [MSRD] Add 'All Automatic Prof' feat to Base Classes
          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1593541&group_id=25576&atid=750092

          Cheerio,

          Frank Kliewe
          PCGen Content Silverback