Re: Clerics and Pantheons

  • Phillip Ryan
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
      <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

      > Doesn't PREDEITY have a PANTHEON.<name> function? If not, it should
      > (because that means the PANTHEON tag doesn't really _do_ anything.)
      >
      > PREDEITY:PANTHEON.White Mountain
      >
      > And the deities.lst:
      > PANTHEON:White Mountain
      >
      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

      Thank you for the suggestion. The docs do not mention the possibility
      of a PREDEITY:PANTHEON.<name> function.
      I tried it and it creates the prerequisite that deity=null from the
      named pantheon. So, selecting any deity from the pantheon fails the
      condition because the deity is not null.
      Also PREDEITY: forces the selection of a deity before the Class can be
      selected.
      What I was hoping for was a way of restricting the deity selection to
      the specified pantheon. With the selection of the class specifying the
      pantheon.
    • Phillip Ryan
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
        <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

        > Have a variable on the White Mountain Cleric like
        >
        > DEFINE:WhiteMountainPantheon|0
        > BONUS:VAR|WhiteMountainPantheon|1
        >
        > Then on the deity's that are part of that pantheon have a
        > PREVAR:WhiteMountainPantheon|1
        >
        > And the rest of the deities have something similar except for their
        > cleric types.

        Paul, that may be the way I will have to go. However, adding the
        PREVAR:xxxPantheon|1 to each deity's entry means editing the deity.lst
        files for every dataset. Which means needing to redo it every time the
        dataset is updated. I was hoping for a more general and less labor
        intensive solution. But, that maybe what I will need to do.
        Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it.
      • barak@hughes.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
          Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and load
          it at the same time as the rest of your data.

          That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.

          Barak

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak@..." <barak@...> wrote:

            > Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and load
            > it at the same time as the rest of your data.
            >
            > That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.
            >
            > Barak

            Now that's cool. I'll look into doing that.
            Thanks.
          • Phillip Ryan
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Ryan" <pryan7@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak@" <barak@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and
              load
              > > it at the same time as the rest of your data.
              > >
              > > That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.
              > >
              > > Barak

              Many thanks to Paul and Barak. Your PREVAR and .MOD suggestions worked
              perfectly. I learned a lot in the process. My clerics and druids are
              happy and so am I.

              Phil

              Reality is what refuses to go away when I turn off the computer. ;)