Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Clerics and Pantheons

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
      Doesn't PREDEITY have a PANTHEON.<name> function? If not, it should
      (because that means the PANTHEON tag doesn't really _do_ anything.)

      PREDEITY:PANTHEON.White Mountain

      And the deities.lst:
      PANTHEON:White Mountain

    • Phillip Ryan
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
        <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

        > Doesn't PREDEITY have a PANTHEON.<name> function? If not, it should
        > (because that means the PANTHEON tag doesn't really _do_ anything.)
        >
        > PREDEITY:PANTHEON.White Mountain
        >
        > And the deities.lst:
        > PANTHEON:White Mountain
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

        Thank you for the suggestion. The docs do not mention the possibility
        of a PREDEITY:PANTHEON.<name> function.
        I tried it and it creates the prerequisite that deity=null from the
        named pantheon. So, selecting any deity from the pantheon fails the
        condition because the deity is not null.
        Also PREDEITY: forces the selection of a deity before the Class can be
        selected.
        What I was hoping for was a way of restricting the deity selection to
        the specified pantheon. With the selection of the class specifying the
        pantheon.
      • Phillip Ryan
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
          <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

          > Have a variable on the White Mountain Cleric like
          >
          > DEFINE:WhiteMountainPantheon|0
          > BONUS:VAR|WhiteMountainPantheon|1
          >
          > Then on the deity's that are part of that pantheon have a
          > PREVAR:WhiteMountainPantheon|1
          >
          > And the rest of the deities have something similar except for their
          > cleric types.

          Paul, that may be the way I will have to go. However, adding the
          PREVAR:xxxPantheon|1 to each deity's entry means editing the deity.lst
          files for every dataset. Which means needing to redo it every time the
          dataset is updated. I was hoping for a more general and less labor
          intensive solution. But, that maybe what I will need to do.
          Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it.
        • barak@hughes.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
            Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and load
            it at the same time as the rest of your data.

            That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.

            Barak

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak@..." <barak@...> wrote:

              > Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and load
              > it at the same time as the rest of your data.
              >
              > That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.
              >
              > Barak

              Now that's cool. I'll look into doing that.
              Thanks.
            • Phillip Ryan
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Ryan" <pryan7@...>
                wrote:

                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak@" <barak@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and
                load
                > > it at the same time as the rest of your data.
                > >
                > > That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.
                > >
                > > Barak

                Many thanks to Paul and Barak. Your PREVAR and .MOD suggestions worked
                perfectly. I learned a lot in the process. My clerics and druids are
                happy and so am I.

                Phil

                Reality is what refuses to go away when I turn off the computer. ;)