RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Clerics and Pantheons

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
      Have a variable on the White Mountain Cleric like

      DEFINE:WhiteMountainPantheon|0
      BONUS:VAR|WhiteMountainPantheon|1

      Then on the deity's that are part of that pantheon have a
      PREVAR:WhiteMountainPantheon|1

      And the rest of the deities have something similar except for their
      cleric types.

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
        Doesn't PREDEITY have a PANTHEON.<name> function? If not, it should
        (because that means the PANTHEON tag doesn't really _do_ anything.)

        PREDEITY:PANTHEON.White Mountain

        And the deities.lst:
        PANTHEON:White Mountain

      • Phillip Ryan
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
          <Tir.Gwaith@...> wrote:

          > Doesn't PREDEITY have a PANTHEON.<name> function? If not, it should
          > (because that means the PANTHEON tag doesn't really _do_ anything.)
          >
          > PREDEITY:PANTHEON.White Mountain
          >
          > And the deities.lst:
          > PANTHEON:White Mountain
          >
          > --
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

          Thank you for the suggestion. The docs do not mention the possibility
          of a PREDEITY:PANTHEON.<name> function.
          I tried it and it creates the prerequisite that deity=null from the
          named pantheon. So, selecting any deity from the pantheon fails the
          condition because the deity is not null.
          Also PREDEITY: forces the selection of a deity before the Class can be
          selected.
          What I was hoping for was a way of restricting the deity selection to
          the specified pantheon. With the selection of the class specifying the
          pantheon.
        • Phillip Ryan
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
            <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

            > Have a variable on the White Mountain Cleric like
            >
            > DEFINE:WhiteMountainPantheon|0
            > BONUS:VAR|WhiteMountainPantheon|1
            >
            > Then on the deity's that are part of that pantheon have a
            > PREVAR:WhiteMountainPantheon|1
            >
            > And the rest of the deities have something similar except for their
            > cleric types.

            Paul, that may be the way I will have to go. However, adding the
            PREVAR:xxxPantheon|1 to each deity's entry means editing the deity.lst
            files for every dataset. Which means needing to redo it every time the
            dataset is updated. I was hoping for a more general and less labor
            intensive solution. But, that maybe what I will need to do.
            Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it.
          • barak@hughes.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
              Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and load
              it at the same time as the rest of your data.

              That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.

              Barak

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak@..." <barak@...> wrote:

                > Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and load
                > it at the same time as the rest of your data.
                >
                > That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.
                >
                > Barak

                Now that's cool. I'll look into doing that.
                Thanks.
              • Phillip Ryan
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Ryan" <pryan7@...>
                  wrote:

                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "barak@" <barak@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just create your own file that uses .MOD to modify the deities and
                  load
                  > > it at the same time as the rest of your data.
                  > >
                  > > That way when there are updates your changes don't get overwritten.
                  > >
                  > > Barak

                  Many thanks to Paul and Barak. Your PREVAR and .MOD suggestions worked
                  perfectly. I learned a lot in the process. My clerics and druids are
                  happy and so am I.

                  Phil

                  Reality is what refuses to go away when I turn off the computer. ;)