Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Order of execution of kit commands

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2006
      Quoting Eddy Anthony (eddyba@...):
      > You could try and grant the next items from a second kit and have the first
      > kit grant the second kit as well (kits can do that, might work).

      This I do in one case - and the secondary kit is not found. I did not find
      the error yet, as the kit tab shows the kit, and if I add it by hand, all
      the items granted. I'll keep searching for the reason for that.

      > Another thing that's possible is to grant the items for free. If you include
      > a EQUIPBUY:0 tag in the STARTPACK line all the gear is granted for free.

      This would mean that I have to compute the value of the stuff and subtract
      it from the granted funds -- something I would rather not do. In fact, I
      would prefer to have other kits grant the funds so as to only have one
      place where the actual values are kept.

      What I am doing right now, is create a set of kits in response to the call
      for standard characters. I started off from the DMG elite NPC stuff, but I
      think it will undergo quite some changes before I'm done.

      Thanks for your answer,

      Susan