Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Adding extra domains to a class ?

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
      Thanks for posting to the right group.

      You want to put both the BONUS:DOMAIN and the DOMAIN tag on the same
      line, so they happen at the same time.

      What compile error? Sounds like we have a code bug if it is adding it
      as a potential domain (a la ADDDOMAINS tag).

      I thought DOMAIN tag was a class level line tag. Try putting it there
      (opposed to the way the docs mention, since I think that entry is
      incorrect). It is a bit of a long-shot.

      On 9/27/06, JOhnPerry <john@...> wrote:
      > Nope. That gives me a compile error.
      >
      > I tried adding the "DOMAIN:Oracle" to one of the CLASS lines and the
      > BONUS:DOMAIN|NUMBER|1 line to the level progression for level 1. That
      > comes close. It adds Oracle as a potential domain, and lets you
      > choose one more domain you want to add.

    • ed ballot
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
        Would it be acceptable to force the choice with
        CHOOSE:DOMAIN|Oracle

        There's a preference that allows pcgen to automatically choose for you if a
        choice dialog only contains one item.

        Ed

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2006
          Yes and no. That would basically require it in a FEAT, and you can't
          add it to the class except in the class object.

          You use CHOOSE:DOMAIN for things like feats with domain choice.

          CHOOSE: does not work on a class line or class level line. The only
          CHOOSE that does is CHOOSE:SPELLLEVEL with embedded BONUS.
          For example:
          CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SPELLLEVEL|1|TYPE=Arcane|1|1[BONUS:SPELLCAST|CLASS=%;LEVEL=%|1]