Making a skill pop up a choose window for a feat

  • Ed Beckwith
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003
      Hi folks, I am working on a martial arts system wherein for each level of a
      skill, called Technique, you can choose a new martial arts maneuver. I think
      the easiest way to do this is to make the Skill behave like speak language
      skill, popping up a choose list... Right now, I have the maneuvers listed as
      feats, as I couldnt think of any other way to put them in. (also, the
      maneuvers each have various prerequisites, such as a certain level of the
      Technique skill, or other maneuvers.) How can I set this up? (preferably
      using the LST editors for skills and feats, as I am far more comfortable
      there than in a raw coding mode)

      Ed
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003
        Not possible at this time. This has come up before. It may get added
        eventually. Just not high priority at this time.

        Making a skill rank buy a feat gets VERY complicated.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen BoD
        Data Silverback
      • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003

          Hi there,

          As Tir said, there is an existing freq to support this, and also as Tir says unfortunately it is not a high priority, the only thing I can suggest is that you try to get a JAVA coder you know to join PCGEN and tackle it!

          Karianna

          TM SB

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003
            Yeah, wish I had the time to learn Java... bleh.
            Currently if I put a Choose:FEAT(TYPE=MANOUVER) into the skill's Advanced tab, I get the popup window, but it is empty.I was ecstatic when this happened, thinking that I was *This* close to getting it to work, and maybe my syntax was off, but i tried
            Choose:FEAT|TYPE=MANOUVER|
            Choose:FEAT,TYPE=MANOUVER
            Choose:FEAT|TYPE=MANOUVER|1
            Choose:FEAT|1|TYPE=MANOUVER|
            and a few others... no luck. then I got Tir's explanation saying that it is not supported yet.

            Oh Well... I can fake it for my own purposes until someone gets around to filling that Freq.

            Ed