Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: PRESPELLTYPE:Any -- working?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
      On 9/7/06 9:24 AM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

      >> Have you actually tested this?
      >>
      >> If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
      >>
      >> 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
      >> (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
      >> 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
      >> (from a CAST: tag)
      >> 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
      >> somewhat questionable)
      >>
      >> -Aaron
      >>
      >> ----------------
      >> Aaron Divinsky
      >> PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin
      >>

      > Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
      > I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

      Yeah, I remember that got changed about a year ago. Used to look at the
      spells you had and now it looks at what you can potentially cast. Makes more
      sense don't you think?

      The specific reason it was done was for some class feature which produced a
      pop-up chooser at level up with spell prereqs. Since the pop up was at level
      up before you could select spells you could never qualify for it.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)