RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: PRESPELLTYPE:Any -- working?

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
      --- Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

      > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
      > Grosse"
      > > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Don't forget to mention that this is only
      > checking against
      > > spells in
      > > > your known spellbook. So you have to have at
      > least one
      > > spell added to
      > > > that book..
      > >
      > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
      > >

      > No all spells that a cleric can cast are
      > automatically added to the
      > Known spellbook.
      >
      > Paul G.

      Have you actually tested this?

      If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing
      the following:

      1) Number of Known spells available at the requested
      level. (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
      2) Number of castable spells available at the
      requested level (from a CAST: tag)
      3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last
      test is somewhat questionable)

      -Aaron

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
        > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
        > > Grosse"

        > > checking against
        > > > spells in
        > > least one
        > > > spell added to
        > > >
        > > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
        > > >

        > > No all spells that a cleric can cast are automatically added to the
        > > Known spellbook.
        > >
        > > Paul G.
        > >

        > Have you actually tested this?
        >
        > If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
        >
        > 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
        > (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
        > 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
        > (from a CAST: tag)
        > 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
        > somewhat questionable)
        >
        > -Aaron
        >
        > ----------------
        > Aaron Divinsky
        > PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin

        Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
        I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

        Paul G.
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
          On 9/7/06 9:24 AM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

          >> Have you actually tested this?
          >>
          >> If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
          >>
          >> 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
          >> (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
          >> 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
          >> (from a CAST: tag)
          >> 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
          >> somewhat questionable)
          >>
          >> -Aaron
          >>
          >> ----------------
          >> Aaron Divinsky
          >> PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin
          >>

          > Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
          > I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

          Yeah, I remember that got changed about a year ago. Used to look at the
          spells you had and now it looks at what you can potentially cast. Makes more
          sense don't you think?

          The specific reason it was done was for some class feature which produced a
          pop-up chooser at level up with spell prereqs. Since the pop up was at level
          up before you could select spells you could never qualify for it.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)