Re: PRESPELLTYPE:Any -- working?

  • travinius
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, boomer70 <boomer70@...> wrote:

      > --- travinius <travinius@...> wrote:
      >

      > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
      > >

      > After looking at the code, I don't see how it could
      > work. It doesn't look like the code has ever been
      > there to handle "Any" to mean any type of spell.
      > "Any" would match a class that had a spell casting
      > type of "Any".

      The same holds for 'Divine|Arcane'.

      > Looks like you will have to do
      > PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:Arcane,1,3],[PRESPELLTYPE:Divine,1,3]

      Thank you for the advice, that works:

      "
      and at least 1 of ( at least1 Arcane spell(s) of level 3, at least1
      Divine spell(s) of level 3 ) [black this time].
      "
    • travinius
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
        <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

        > Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against spells in
        > your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one spell added to
        > that book..

        Which could become a problem for a cleric...
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
          > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against
          > spells in
          > > your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one
          > spell added to
          > > that book..
          >
          > Which could become a problem for a cleric...

          No all spells that a cleric can cast are automatically added to the
          Known spellbook.

          Paul G.
        • boomer70
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
            --- Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

            > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
            > Grosse"
            > > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Don't forget to mention that this is only
            > checking against
            > > spells in
            > > > your known spellbook. So you have to have at
            > least one
            > > spell added to
            > > > that book..
            > >
            > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
            > >

            > No all spells that a cleric can cast are
            > automatically added to the
            > Known spellbook.
            >
            > Paul G.

            Have you actually tested this?

            If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing
            the following:

            1) Number of Known spells available at the requested
            level. (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
            2) Number of castable spells available at the
            requested level (from a CAST: tag)
            3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last
            test is somewhat questionable)

            -Aaron

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
              > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
              > > Grosse"

              > > checking against
              > > > spells in
              > > least one
              > > > spell added to
              > > >
              > > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
              > > >

              > > No all spells that a cleric can cast are automatically added to the
              > > Known spellbook.
              > >
              > > Paul G.
              > >

              > Have you actually tested this?
              >
              > If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
              >
              > 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
              > (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
              > 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
              > (from a CAST: tag)
              > 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
              > somewhat questionable)
              >
              > -Aaron
              >
              > ----------------
              > Aaron Divinsky
              > PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin

              Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
              I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

              Paul G.
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                On 9/7/06 9:24 AM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                >> Have you actually tested this?
                >>
                >> If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
                >>
                >> 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
                >> (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
                >> 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
                >> (from a CAST: tag)
                >> 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
                >> somewhat questionable)
                >>
                >> -Aaron
                >>
                >> ----------------
                >> Aaron Divinsky
                >> PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin
                >>

                > Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
                > I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

                Yeah, I remember that got changed about a year ago. Used to look at the
                spells you had and now it looks at what you can potentially cast. Makes more
                sense don't you think?

                The specific reason it was done was for some class feature which produced a
                pop-up chooser at level up with spell prereqs. Since the pop up was at level
                up before you could select spells you could never qualify for it.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)