Re: PRESPELLTYPE:Any -- working?

  • travinius
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

      > On 9/6/06 3:02 PM, "travinius" <travinius@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I encountered the same when trying to code 'able to cast 3rd level
      > > spells' for a Prestige Class, coding:
      > >
      > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
      > >
      > > The Prerequisite is simply not met, even for a 8th level cleric, who
      > > definitely IS able to cast 3rd level spells.
      > >
      > > I would be grateful for help as well...
      >
      > Try PRESPELLTYPE:ANY (note the all caps) and see if that works.

      No, it still states ' and at least1 ANY spell(s) of
      level 3' in pcgen (in red).
    • travinius
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, boomer70 <boomer70@...> wrote:

        > --- travinius <travinius@...> wrote:
        >

        > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
        > >

        > After looking at the code, I don't see how it could
        > work. It doesn't look like the code has ever been
        > there to handle "Any" to mean any type of spell.
        > "Any" would match a class that had a spell casting
        > type of "Any".

        The same holds for 'Divine|Arcane'.

        > Looks like you will have to do
        > PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:Arcane,1,3],[PRESPELLTYPE:Divine,1,3]

        Thank you for the advice, that works:

        "
        and at least 1 of ( at least1 Arcane spell(s) of level 3, at least1
        Divine spell(s) of level 3 ) [black this time].
        "
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
          > --- travinius <travinius@...> wrote:
          >
          > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Souza IV"
          > > <psouza4@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I cannot get a custom feat to show up in a list of
          > > available
          > > > selections for a D&D 3E Druid(12)/Ranger(5)
          > > characters using
          > > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any and am not sure why.
          > > >

          > > I encountered the same when trying to code 'able to cast 3rd level
          > > spells' for a Prestige Class, coding:
          > >
          > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
          > >
          > > The Prerequisite is simply not met, even for a 8th level
          > cleric, who
          > > definitely IS able to cast 3rd level spells.
          > >
          > > I would be grateful for help as well...
          > >

          > After looking at the code, I don't see how it could work. It
          > doesn't look like the code has ever been there to handle
          > "Any" to mean any type of spell.
          > "Any" would match a class that had a spell casting type of "Any".
          >
          > Looks like you will have to do
          > PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:Arcane,1,3],[PRESPELLTYPE:Divine,1,3]
          >
          > -Aaron
          >
          > ----------------
          > Aaron Divinsky
          > PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin

          Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against spells in
          your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one spell added to
          that book..

          Paul G.
        • travinius
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
            <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

            > Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against spells in
            > your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one spell added to
            > that book..

            Which could become a problem for a cleric...
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
              > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against
              > spells in
              > > your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one
              > spell added to
              > > that book..
              >
              > Which could become a problem for a cleric...

              No all spells that a cleric can cast are automatically added to the
              Known spellbook.

              Paul G.
            • boomer70
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                --- Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
                > Grosse"
                > > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Don't forget to mention that this is only
                > checking against
                > > spells in
                > > > your known spellbook. So you have to have at
                > least one
                > > spell added to
                > > > that book..
                > >
                > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
                > >

                > No all spells that a cleric can cast are
                > automatically added to the
                > Known spellbook.
                >
                > Paul G.

                Have you actually tested this?

                If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing
                the following:

                1) Number of Known spells available at the requested
                level. (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
                2) Number of castable spells available at the
                requested level (from a CAST: tag)
                3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last
                test is somewhat questionable)

                -Aaron

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Paul Grosse
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                  > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
                  > > Grosse"

                  > > checking against
                  > > > spells in
                  > > least one
                  > > > spell added to
                  > > >
                  > > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
                  > > >

                  > > No all spells that a cleric can cast are automatically added to the
                  > > Known spellbook.
                  > >
                  > > Paul G.
                  > >

                  > Have you actually tested this?
                  >
                  > If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
                  >
                  > 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
                  > (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
                  > 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
                  > (from a CAST: tag)
                  > 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
                  > somewhat questionable)
                  >
                  > -Aaron
                  >
                  > ----------------
                  > Aaron Divinsky
                  > PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin

                  Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
                  I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

                  Paul G.
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                    On 9/7/06 9:24 AM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                    >> Have you actually tested this?
                    >>
                    >> If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
                    >>
                    >> 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
                    >> (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
                    >> 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
                    >> (from a CAST: tag)
                    >> 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
                    >> somewhat questionable)
                    >>
                    >> -Aaron
                    >>
                    >> ----------------
                    >> Aaron Divinsky
                    >> PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin
                    >>

                    > Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
                    > I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

                    Yeah, I remember that got changed about a year ago. Used to look at the
                    spells you had and now it looks at what you can potentially cast. Makes more
                    sense don't you think?

                    The specific reason it was done was for some class feature which produced a
                    pop-up chooser at level up with spell prereqs. Since the pop up was at level
                    up before you could select spells you could never qualify for it.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)