Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: PRESPELLTYPE:Any -- working?

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
      --- travinius <travinius@...> wrote:

      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Peter
      > Souza IV"
      > <psouza4@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I cannot get a custom feat to show up in a list of
      > available
      > > selections for a D&D 3E Druid(12)/Ranger(5)
      > characters using
      > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any and am not sure why.
      > >

      > I encountered the same when trying to code 'able to
      > cast 3rd level
      > spells' for a Prestige Class, coding:
      >
      > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
      >
      > The Prerequisite is simply not met, even for a 8th
      > level cleric, who
      > definitely IS able to cast 3rd level spells.
      >
      > I would be grateful for help as well...

      After looking at the code, I don't see how it could
      work. It doesn't look like the code has ever been
      there to handle "Any" to mean any type of spell.
      "Any" would match a class that had a spell casting
      type of "Any".

      Looks like you will have to do
      PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:Arcane,1,3],[PRESPELLTYPE:Divine,1,3]

      -Aaron

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
        On 9/6/06 3:02 PM, "travinius" <travinius@...> wrote:

        > I encountered the same when trying to code 'able to cast 3rd level
        > spells' for a Prestige Class, coding:
        >
        > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
        >
        > The Prerequisite is simply not met, even for a 8th level cleric, who
        > definitely IS able to cast 3rd level spells.
        >
        > I would be grateful for help as well...

        Try PRESPELLTYPE:ANY (note the all caps) and see if that works.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • travinius
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

          > On 9/6/06 3:02 PM, "travinius" <travinius@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I encountered the same when trying to code 'able to cast 3rd level
          > > spells' for a Prestige Class, coding:
          > >
          > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
          > >
          > > The Prerequisite is simply not met, even for a 8th level cleric, who
          > > definitely IS able to cast 3rd level spells.
          > >
          > > I would be grateful for help as well...
          >
          > Try PRESPELLTYPE:ANY (note the all caps) and see if that works.

          No, it still states ' and at least1 ANY spell(s) of
          level 3' in pcgen (in red).
        • travinius
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, boomer70 <boomer70@...> wrote:

            > --- travinius <travinius@...> wrote:
            >

            > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
            > >

            > After looking at the code, I don't see how it could
            > work. It doesn't look like the code has ever been
            > there to handle "Any" to mean any type of spell.
            > "Any" would match a class that had a spell casting
            > type of "Any".

            The same holds for 'Divine|Arcane'.

            > Looks like you will have to do
            > PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:Arcane,1,3],[PRESPELLTYPE:Divine,1,3]

            Thank you for the advice, that works:

            "
            and at least 1 of ( at least1 Arcane spell(s) of level 3, at least1
            Divine spell(s) of level 3 ) [black this time].
            "
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 6, 2006
              > --- travinius <travinius@...> wrote:
              >
              > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Souza IV"
              > > <psouza4@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I cannot get a custom feat to show up in a list of
              > > available
              > > > selections for a D&D 3E Druid(12)/Ranger(5)
              > > characters using
              > > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any and am not sure why.
              > > >

              > > I encountered the same when trying to code 'able to cast 3rd level
              > > spells' for a Prestige Class, coding:
              > >
              > > PRESPELLTYPE:Any,1,3
              > >
              > > The Prerequisite is simply not met, even for a 8th level
              > cleric, who
              > > definitely IS able to cast 3rd level spells.
              > >
              > > I would be grateful for help as well...
              > >

              > After looking at the code, I don't see how it could work. It
              > doesn't look like the code has ever been there to handle
              > "Any" to mean any type of spell.
              > "Any" would match a class that had a spell casting type of "Any".
              >
              > Looks like you will have to do
              > PREMULT:1,[PRESPELLTYPE:Arcane,1,3],[PRESPELLTYPE:Divine,1,3]
              >
              > -Aaron
              >
              > ----------------
              > Aaron Divinsky
              > PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin

              Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against spells in
              your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one spell added to
              that book..

              Paul G.
            • travinius
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
                <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                > Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against spells in
                > your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one spell added to
                > that book..

                Which could become a problem for a cleric...
              • Paul Grosse
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse"
                  > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Don't forget to mention that this is only checking against
                  > spells in
                  > > your known spellbook. So you have to have at least one
                  > spell added to
                  > > that book..
                  >
                  > Which could become a problem for a cleric...

                  No all spells that a cleric can cast are automatically added to the
                  Known spellbook.

                  Paul G.
                • boomer70
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                    --- Paul Grosse <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                    > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
                    > Grosse"
                    > > <paul.grosse@...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Don't forget to mention that this is only
                    > checking against
                    > > spells in
                    > > > your known spellbook. So you have to have at
                    > least one
                    > > spell added to
                    > > > that book..
                    > >
                    > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
                    > >

                    > No all spells that a cleric can cast are
                    > automatically added to the
                    > Known spellbook.
                    >
                    > Paul G.

                    Have you actually tested this?

                    If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing
                    the following:

                    1) Number of Known spells available at the requested
                    level. (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
                    2) Number of castable spells available at the
                    requested level (from a CAST: tag)
                    3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last
                    test is somewhat questionable)

                    -Aaron

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Paul Grosse
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                      > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Paul
                      > > Grosse"

                      > > checking against
                      > > > spells in
                      > > least one
                      > > > spell added to
                      > > >
                      > > > Which could become a problem for a cleric...
                      > > >

                      > > No all spells that a cleric can cast are automatically added to the
                      > > Known spellbook.
                      > >
                      > > Paul G.
                      > >

                      > Have you actually tested this?
                      >
                      > If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
                      >
                      > 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
                      > (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
                      > 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
                      > (from a CAST: tag)
                      > 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
                      > somewhat questionable)
                      >
                      > -Aaron
                      >
                      > ----------------
                      > Aaron Divinsky
                      > PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin

                      Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
                      I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

                      Paul G.
                    • Eddy Anthony
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 7, 2006
                        On 9/7/06 9:24 AM, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

                        >> Have you actually tested this?
                        >>
                        >> If I look quickly at the code it seems to be testing the following:
                        >>
                        >> 1) Number of Known spells available at the requested level.
                        >> (Not in the spellbook but from a KNONW: tag)
                        >> 2) Number of castable spells available at the requested level
                        >> (from a CAST: tag)
                        >> 3) If they use Power Points for casting (this last test is
                        >> somewhat questionable)
                        >>
                        >> -Aaron
                        >>
                        >> ----------------
                        >> Aaron Divinsky
                        >> PCGen Docs 2nd, Data Chimp, Code Gibbon, Doc Tamarin
                        >>

                        > Hmm, then maybe the code had gotten changed wen we did the spell revamp.
                        > I know that it USED to be only able to check the known spellbook.

                        Yeah, I remember that got changed about a year ago. Used to look at the
                        spells you had and now it looks at what you can potentially cast. Makes more
                        sense don't you think?

                        The specific reason it was done was for some class feature which produced a
                        pop-up chooser at level up with spell prereqs. Since the pop up was at level
                        up before you could select spells you could never qualify for it.
                        --
                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)