Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: biosettings

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
      On 9/5/06 12:16 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

      >> When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?
      >
      > Yes. For example, all races, except ProblemRace, would follow
      >
      > AGESET:1|Middle Age
      > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-1
      > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|1
      >
      > AGESET:2|Old
      > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-3
      > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|2
      >
      > AGESET:3|Venerable
      > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-6
      > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|3
      >

      > ProblemRace would follow
      >
      > AGESET:1|Middle Age
      > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-1
      > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1
      >
      > AGESET:2|Old
      > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3
      > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2
      >
      > AGESET:3|Venerable
      > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-6
      > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|3
      >

      > Does that now make more sense?

      Oh now I see your problem, I took a look at the file and just noticed that
      the stat bonuses were on the AGESET line, I somehow thought those were set
      on each race individually.

      Here is my first thought: have you tried to see if you can put a BONUS tag
      on a RACENAME line? If you can you can simply put a counter bonus for the
      stats on that race no problem.

      If that does not work (and I suspect it probably won't) then I'm not sure
      what you can do. Tir and I were discussing something related a while back to
      get the Monks Timesless Body (or some such feature), we came up with a
      PREAGESET tag so that we could counter the aging penalties.

      That's trackered here:
      [ 1275919 ] PREAGESET tag
      <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1275919&group_id=25576&ati
      d=384722>

      Other than that I think you are SOL.

      OK I thought of a hack you can try, we don't have a PREAGESET yet but since
      this is specific to one race and you know the exact age that race kicks into
      a new AGESET you can use the AGE token as a variable and set counter bonuses
      with a PREVAR. For example if the race gets old at age 45 use this:

      BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
      BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

      BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
      BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

      The first 2 counter the standard bonuses and the second 2 are specific to
      the race. You will probably need to do a PREMULT because the bonuses will
      need to be shut down when not in the AGESET, if the race is Venerable at age
      65 that will require this:

      BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45],[PREVARLT:AGE,65]

      You'll need a bunch of bonuses, you might put them in a template and just
      add that to the race. Let me know if it works.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
        >
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

        How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
        course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
        this stuff.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
          On 9/5/06 2:02 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

          >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
          >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
          >>
          >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
          >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
          >
          > How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
          > course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
          > this stuff.

          It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

          And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
            >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >>>
            >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >>
            >> How would this work around feats and the like that increase
            >> AGESETS? Of course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't
            >> normally play with this stuff.
            >
            > It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

            But it will. :)

            [ 1552891 ] [Epic] [biosettings] Extend Life Span
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
            func=detail&aid=1552891&group_id=25576&atid=384722

            > And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.

            Will do.

            Paul W. King
            PR SB, BoD