Re: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: biosettings

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5 10:07 AM
      Paul,

      Add a BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1|PRERACE:MySingleRace to the AGESET line.

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5 10:20 AM
        On 9/5/06 12:16 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

        >> When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?
        >
        > Yes. For example, all races, except ProblemRace, would follow
        >
        > AGESET:1|Middle Age
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-1
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|1
        >
        > AGESET:2|Old
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-3
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|2
        >
        > AGESET:3|Venerable
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-6
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|3
        >

        > ProblemRace would follow
        >
        > AGESET:1|Middle Age
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-1
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1
        >
        > AGESET:2|Old
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2
        >
        > AGESET:3|Venerable
        > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-6
        > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|3
        >

        > Does that now make more sense?

        Oh now I see your problem, I took a look at the file and just noticed that
        the stat bonuses were on the AGESET line, I somehow thought those were set
        on each race individually.

        Here is my first thought: have you tried to see if you can put a BONUS tag
        on a RACENAME line? If you can you can simply put a counter bonus for the
        stats on that race no problem.

        If that does not work (and I suspect it probably won't) then I'm not sure
        what you can do. Tir and I were discussing something related a while back to
        get the Monks Timesless Body (or some such feature), we came up with a
        PREAGESET tag so that we could counter the aging penalties.

        That's trackered here:
        [ 1275919 ] PREAGESET tag
        <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1275919&group_id=25576&ati
        d=384722>

        Other than that I think you are SOL.

        OK I thought of a hack you can try, we don't have a PREAGESET yet but since
        this is specific to one race and you know the exact age that race kicks into
        a new AGESET you can use the AGE token as a variable and set counter bonuses
        with a PREVAR. For example if the race gets old at age 45 use this:

        BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
        BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

        BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
        BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

        The first 2 counter the standard bonuses and the second 2 are specific to
        the race. You will probably need to do a PREMULT because the bonuses will
        need to be shut down when not in the AGESET, if the race is Venerable at age
        65 that will require this:

        BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45],[PREVARLT:AGE,65]

        You'll need a bunch of bonuses, you might put them in a template and just
        add that to the race. Let me know if it works.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 5 11:02 AM
          > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
          > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
          >
          > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
          > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

          How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
          course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
          this stuff.

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5 11:19 AM
            On 9/5/06 2:02 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

            >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >>
            >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
            >
            > How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
            > course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
            > this stuff.

            It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

            And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5 11:36 AM
              >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
              >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
              >>>
              >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
              >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
              >>
              >> How would this work around feats and the like that increase
              >> AGESETS? Of course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't
              >> normally play with this stuff.
              >
              > It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

              But it will. :)

              [ 1552891 ] [Epic] [biosettings] Extend Life Span
              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
              func=detail&aid=1552891&group_id=25576&atid=384722

              > And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.

              Will do.

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD