Re: biosettings

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
      > You're creating a biosettings file for these races right?

      Correct

      > Why can't you just put in the negative bonuses for that race?

      Because the age group names stay the same, and they already have the
      minuses on the physical stats and the plusses on the mental stats.

      Unless I'm really missing how the age lines work and that you can have
      multiple lines with the same age class name.

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
        > > You're creating a biosettings file for these races right?
        >
        > Correct
        >
        > > Why can't you just put in the negative bonuses for that race?
        >
        > Because the age group names stay the same, and they already
        > have the minuses on the physical stats and the plusses on the
        > mental stats.
        >
        > Unless I'm really missing how the age lines work and that you
        > can have multiple lines with the same age class name.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > PR SB, BoD

        Put the negatives and bonus's on the race line not in the Biosettings.

        Paul G.
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
          On 9/5/06 11:25 AM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

          >> Why can't you just put in the negative bonuses for that race?
          >
          > Because the age group names stay the same, and they already have the
          > minuses on the physical stats and the plusses on the mental stats.
          >
          > Unless I'm really missing how the age lines work and that you can have
          > multiple lines with the same age class name.

          Still not following you, what do you mean by "the age group names stay the
          same"? When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?

          Might be easier if you share the relevant text of the problem race.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
            > When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?

            Yes. For example, all races, except ProblemRace, would follow

            AGESET:1|Middle Age
            BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-1
            BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|1

            AGESET:2|Old
            BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-3
            BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|2

            AGESET:3|Venerable
            BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-6
            BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|3

            ProblemRace would follow

            AGESET:1|Middle Age
            BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-1
            BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1

            AGESET:2|Old
            BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3
            BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2

            AGESET:3|Venerable
            BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-6
            BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|3

            Does that now make more sense?
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
              Paul,

              Add a BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1|PRERACE:MySingleRace to the AGESET line.

            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                On 9/5/06 12:16 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

                >> When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?
                >
                > Yes. For example, all races, except ProblemRace, would follow
                >
                > AGESET:1|Middle Age
                > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-1
                > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|1
                >
                > AGESET:2|Old
                > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-3
                > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|2
                >
                > AGESET:3|Venerable
                > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-6
                > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|3
                >

                > ProblemRace would follow
                >
                > AGESET:1|Middle Age
                > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-1
                > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1
                >
                > AGESET:2|Old
                > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3
                > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2
                >
                > AGESET:3|Venerable
                > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-6
                > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|3
                >

                > Does that now make more sense?

                Oh now I see your problem, I took a look at the file and just noticed that
                the stat bonuses were on the AGESET line, I somehow thought those were set
                on each race individually.

                Here is my first thought: have you tried to see if you can put a BONUS tag
                on a RACENAME line? If you can you can simply put a counter bonus for the
                stats on that race no problem.

                If that does not work (and I suspect it probably won't) then I'm not sure
                what you can do. Tir and I were discussing something related a while back to
                get the Monks Timesless Body (or some such feature), we came up with a
                PREAGESET tag so that we could counter the aging penalties.

                That's trackered here:
                [ 1275919 ] PREAGESET tag
                <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1275919&group_id=25576&ati
                d=384722>

                Other than that I think you are SOL.

                OK I thought of a hack you can try, we don't have a PREAGESET yet but since
                this is specific to one race and you know the exact age that race kicks into
                a new AGESET you can use the AGE token as a variable and set counter bonuses
                with a PREVAR. For example if the race gets old at age 45 use this:

                BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

                BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

                The first 2 counter the standard bonuses and the second 2 are specific to
                the race. You will probably need to do a PREMULT because the bonuses will
                need to be shut down when not in the AGESET, if the race is Venerable at age
                65 that will require this:

                BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45],[PREVARLT:AGE,65]

                You'll need a bunch of bonuses, you might put them in a template and just
                add that to the race. Let me know if it works.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                  >
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

                  How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
                  course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
                  this stuff.

                  Paul W. King
                  PR SB, BoD
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                    On 9/5/06 2:02 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

                    >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                    >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                    >>
                    >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                    >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                    >
                    > How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
                    > course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
                    > this stuff.

                    It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

                    And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  • Paul W. King
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                      >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >>>
                      >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >>
                      >> How would this work around feats and the like that increase
                      >> AGESETS? Of course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't
                      >> normally play with this stuff.
                      >
                      > It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

                      But it will. :)

                      [ 1552891 ] [Epic] [biosettings] Extend Life Span
                      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                      func=detail&aid=1552891&group_id=25576&atid=384722

                      > And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.

                      Will do.

                      Paul W. King
                      PR SB, BoD