Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] biosettings

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2006
      Paul W. King scribed:

      > How would you work a race that has the reverse of the standard age stat
      > adjustments? All races, save one, in a book I'm working on have the physical
      > abilities decrease and mental abilities increase as they age. One race does
      > the reverse.

      Not sure I understand the nature of the question. You're creating a
      biosettings file for these races right? Why can't you just put in the
      negative bonuses for that race?
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
        > You're creating a biosettings file for these races right?

        Correct

        > Why can't you just put in the negative bonuses for that race?

        Because the age group names stay the same, and they already have the
        minuses on the physical stats and the plusses on the mental stats.

        Unless I'm really missing how the age lines work and that you can have
        multiple lines with the same age class name.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
          > > You're creating a biosettings file for these races right?
          >
          > Correct
          >
          > > Why can't you just put in the negative bonuses for that race?
          >
          > Because the age group names stay the same, and they already
          > have the minuses on the physical stats and the plusses on the
          > mental stats.
          >
          > Unless I'm really missing how the age lines work and that you
          > can have multiple lines with the same age class name.
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > PR SB, BoD

          Put the negatives and bonus's on the race line not in the Biosettings.

          Paul G.
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
            On 9/5/06 11:25 AM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

            >> Why can't you just put in the negative bonuses for that race?
            >
            > Because the age group names stay the same, and they already have the
            > minuses on the physical stats and the plusses on the mental stats.
            >
            > Unless I'm really missing how the age lines work and that you can have
            > multiple lines with the same age class name.

            Still not following you, what do you mean by "the age group names stay the
            same"? When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?

            Might be easier if you share the relevant text of the problem race.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
              > When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?

              Yes. For example, all races, except ProblemRace, would follow

              AGESET:1|Middle Age
              BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-1
              BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|1

              AGESET:2|Old
              BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-3
              BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|2

              AGESET:3|Venerable
              BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-6
              BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|3

              ProblemRace would follow

              AGESET:1|Middle Age
              BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-1
              BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1

              AGESET:2|Old
              BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3
              BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2

              AGESET:3|Venerable
              BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-6
              BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|3

              Does that now make more sense?
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                Paul,

                Add a BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1|PRERACE:MySingleRace to the AGESET line.

              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                  On 9/5/06 12:16 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

                  >> When you say age group are you referring to AGESET?
                  >
                  > Yes. For example, all races, except ProblemRace, would follow
                  >
                  > AGESET:1|Middle Age
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-1
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|1
                  >
                  > AGESET:2|Old
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-3
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|2
                  >
                  > AGESET:3|Venerable
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|-6
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|3
                  >

                  > ProblemRace would follow
                  >
                  > AGESET:1|Middle Age
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-1
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|1
                  >
                  > AGESET:2|Old
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2
                  >
                  > AGESET:3|Venerable
                  > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-6
                  > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|3
                  >

                  > Does that now make more sense?

                  Oh now I see your problem, I took a look at the file and just noticed that
                  the stat bonuses were on the AGESET line, I somehow thought those were set
                  on each race individually.

                  Here is my first thought: have you tried to see if you can put a BONUS tag
                  on a RACENAME line? If you can you can simply put a counter bonus for the
                  stats on that race no problem.

                  If that does not work (and I suspect it probably won't) then I'm not sure
                  what you can do. Tir and I were discussing something related a while back to
                  get the Monks Timesless Body (or some such feature), we came up with a
                  PREAGESET tag so that we could counter the aging penalties.

                  That's trackered here:
                  [ 1275919 ] PREAGESET tag
                  <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1275919&group_id=25576&ati
                  d=384722>

                  Other than that I think you are SOL.

                  OK I thought of a hack you can try, we don't have a PREAGESET yet but since
                  this is specific to one race and you know the exact age that race kicks into
                  a new AGESET you can use the AGE token as a variable and set counter bonuses
                  with a PREVAR. For example if the race gets old at age 45 use this:

                  BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                  BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

                  BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                  BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

                  The first 2 counter the standard bonuses and the second 2 are specific to
                  the race. You will probably need to do a PREMULT because the bonuses will
                  need to be shut down when not in the AGESET, if the race is Venerable at age
                  65 that will require this:

                  BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREMULT:2,[PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45],[PREVARLT:AGE,65]

                  You'll need a bunch of bonuses, you might put them in a template and just
                  add that to the race. Let me know if it works.
                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                • Paul W. King
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                    > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                    > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                    >
                    > BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                    > BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45

                    How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
                    course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
                    this stuff.

                    Paul W. King
                    PR SB, BoD
                  • Eddy Anthony
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                      On 9/5/06 2:02 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

                      >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >>
                      >> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                      >
                      > How would this work around feats and the like that increase AGESETS? Of
                      > course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't normally play with
                      > this stuff.

                      It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

                      And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    • Paul W. King
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 5, 2006
                        >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|6|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                        >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                        >>>
                        >>> BONUS:STAT|INT,WIS,CHA|-3|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                        >>> BONUS:STAT|STR,CON,DEX|2|PREVARGTEQ:AGE,45
                        >>
                        >> How would this work around feats and the like that increase
                        >> AGESETS? Of course, this may not be implemented yet, as I don't
                        >> normally play with this stuff.
                        >
                        > It doesn't, nothing like that is implemented anyway.

                        But it will. :)

                        [ 1552891 ] [Epic] [biosettings] Extend Life Span
                        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                        func=detail&aid=1552891&group_id=25576&atid=384722

                        > And try Tir's suggestion first, it's better.

                        Will do.

                        Paul W. King
                        PR SB, BoD