Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Describing a known-spells progression as a function of character level?

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2006
      Well you need to put a few tags that you probably don't have.

      Up in the main class of the spell tosser you will need the tag:

      HASSPELLFORMULA:Y this tells the program that the CAST tag will have a
      formula.

      Down in the levels area you need three tags DEFINE, CAST and KNOW. Some
      one will correct me if I get it wrong but your level's should look
      something like:

      1<TAB>
      DEFINE:CastLv0|max(2,2+INT)<TAB>
      DEFINE:CastLv1|max(2,2+INT)<TAB>
      CAST:CastLv0,CastLv1<TAB>
      KNOWN:*,*
      *=replace with known per level

      2<TAB>
      DEFINE:CastLv3|max(2,2+INT)<TAB>
      CAST:CastLv0,CastLv1,CastLv3<TAB>
      KNOWN:*,*,*
      *=replace with known per level

      3<TAB>

      The other problem

      <FeatName><tab>
      TYPE:ClassFeature.SpellLike<tab>
      VISIBLE:NO <tab>
      SA:<FeatName> (Sp) %/day|<FeatName>Times<tab>
      DEFINE:<FeatName>Times|0<tab>

      Here is the problem, bad programming to use a DEFINE this way but:
      DEFINE:<FeatName>Times|3+INT<tab>

      Or to keep people from yelling at you, leave it alone and add:
      BONUS:VAR|<FeatName>Times|3+INT<tab>

      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=<FeatName>Times|DancingLights|Detect Magic|Flare|Ghost
      Sound|Read Magic