Implementation help - Advanced Learning

  • ulricwulfhere
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2006
      I'm manually adding support for the Beguiler class from PHB2 (i.e.:
      creating a custom class), but I can't seem to get Advanced Learning
      implemented right. Essentially, I'm trying to make an invisible feat
      that will allow the user to select a valid spell to add to the
      character's spell list, yet having the appearance of an SA. The user
      should be able to choose any wizard spell from the enchantment and
      illusion schools, up to and including their highest spell level they
      can currently cast. This issue is very similar to how the advanced
      learning is for a warmage.

      Is such a thing doable in 5.8.1? (I know ther current version is
      5.10.x, but I have some CMP files that only work in this older
      version). Here's what I have so far, but it doesn't work:

      Advanced Learning ~ Beguiler{tab}COST:0.0{tab}VISIBLE:NO{tab}
      STACK:YES{tab}MULT:NO{tab}
      CHOOSE:SPELLLEVEL|1|CLASS=Wizard|1|MAXLEVEL|SCHOOL=Enchantment,Illusi
      on|1|MAXLEVEL{tab}KNOWNSPELLS:%LIST{tab}SA:Advanced Learning (Ex) ~ %
      |%LIST

      The KNOWNSPELLS tag doesn't appear to be valid in a feat line, so I
      don't know if this is even possible in 5.8.x.