RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] skill: subschool of a subschool?

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
      *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Tir Gwaith
      Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 12:16 PM
      To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] skill: subschool of a subschool?

      Can't. Gotta do it like the Knowledge and Performs.
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
        On 8/7/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
        > *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.

        Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is supposed to
        be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require ranks of
        Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)

      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
          >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
          >
          > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is
          > supposed to be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require
          > ranks of Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)

          I know. But I can hope, can't I? ;P

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD
        • bebberd@att.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
            Does OUTPUTNAME work on skills? if it did you might be able to do a

            "Species Knowledge (%) OUTPUTNAME:Knowledge (Species - %)"

            Thoughts?

            From: "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
            > >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
            > >
            > > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is
            > > supposed to be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require
            > > ranks of Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)
            >
            > I know. But I can hope, can't I? ;P
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > PR SB, BoD
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
              Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > On 8/7/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
              >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
              >
              > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is supposed to
              > be lots of skills?

              Where does it say that? As fas as I know the according to the RAW there
              is only one Knowledge (local) skill and that helps you regardless of
              where you are. I know it's silly, but I think it like that in the rules.
              Or do you have proof to the contrary?

              Strangly, Knowledge (local) also help in identifying humanoid creatures...

              Stefan.