Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] skill: subschool of a subschool?

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
      Can't. Gotta do it like the Knowledge and Performs.

      On 8/7/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
      > I have a skill, Knowledge (Species), that is an umbrella skill for each type of species. How, without explicitly naming each species (Knowledge (Species - Human), Knowledge (Species - Dwarf), etc), can I set this up?

    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
        *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.

        Can't. Gotta do it like the Knowledge and Performs.
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
          On 8/7/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
          > *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.

          Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is supposed to
          be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require ranks of
          Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
            >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
            >
            > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is
            > supposed to be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require
            > ranks of Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)

            I know. But I can hope, can't I? ;P

            Paul W. King
            PR SB, BoD
          • bebberd@att.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
              Does OUTPUTNAME work on skills? if it did you might be able to do a

              "Species Knowledge (%) OUTPUTNAME:Knowledge (Species - %)"

              Thoughts?

              From: "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
              > >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
              > >
              > > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is
              > > supposed to be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require
              > > ranks of Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)
              >
              > I know. But I can hope, can't I? ;P
              >
              > Paul W. King
              > PR SB, BoD
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Stefan Radermacher
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
                Tir Gwaith wrote:
                > On 8/7/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
                >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
                >
                > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is supposed to
                > be lots of skills?

                Where does it say that? As fas as I know the according to the RAW there
                is only one Knowledge (local) skill and that helps you regardless of
                where you are. I know it's silly, but I think it like that in the rules.
                Or do you have proof to the contrary?

                Strangly, Knowledge (local) also help in identifying humanoid creatures...

                Stefan.